Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 06:17 AM

Nightmare morning

Blimey.
Was woken at 5 by Cosmo...went down, he had dire rear...not just a little either, was cleaning up til almost 6.
(So far he seems fine though, nothing since I got up and he's wanting to play....)
Had a shower and came to play on here when I hear a 'thud' on the kitchen window then loads of birds going mental....went out to see 2 blackbirds, 2 sparrows and 2 blue tits of all things mobbing a magpie, but on the floor by the window is a young fledgling, I think it's a blackbird. I also think it's dead. Not breathing and still as a still thing. I know from past experience it could just be stunned so I'm leaving it to it and not touching it for a bit as I don't want to stress it anymore if there is a chance for it. Bless it.

All that and it's Morris' (our old BC who we lost to a nasl tumour last year) birthday, he would have been 11.

I don't think I should leave the house today.....
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 06:30 AM
I know the feeling well.FIL(Im his official carer) is now nocturnel, and spends most of the night wandering around,so I spend most of the night waiting for him to fall,he has fallen 3 times resulting in 3 different fractures.
For some reason Ruby now 6mths decided she did not want to be in her crate,barking and winging went to let her out and stood in a pile of fox poo on the back doorstep
FIL went back to bed around 4.30 he wont get up till around 10.00pm tonight
Oh had to go to work this morningneeded to be away by 5.00am moaning about toothache
And now all 4 dogs are curled up fast asleep,and I feel like Ive been dragged throuhg a hedge backwards.
I think "Ramble" and I should spend the day together

Jeanette
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 06:40 AM
You poor things...... both of you. Hope your days improve. They surely can't get any worse, can they?

*Hugs* x0x0x
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 06:41 AM
What a good idea Jeanette, lots of coffee and toast in order...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
You poor things...... both of you. Hope your days improve. They surely can't get any worse, can they?

*Hugs* x0x0x
I hope not, but i just heard another slightly softer thud on the window....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Oh dear..........hope it gets better from now. xxx
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Hug's hun thing's wil get better, have you cleaned the window's latley as that sometimes has bird's flying into them. xxxxxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Hug's hun thing's wil get better, have you cleaned the window's latley as that sometimes has bird's flying into them. xxxxxxxxx
Oh...are you supposed to clean windows?

Poor little thing was a gonna as soon as it hit into the window, when OH (Yes OH not me) picked her up all the side of her head was bashed so I think it was instant.
I think they had only fledged this morning. There are 2 other balckbird fledglings around that weren't around yesterday. What a sad end...looked so healthy as well, total waste.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Oh Ailsa things can only get better as the song goes.
Hows the lovely Cosmo feeling now.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2008, 09:29 AM
He's on top form and hungry. Think the dire rear has something to do with him counter surfing yesterday and nicking a bag of chicken flavour gravy bones...and consuming them rapidly. Norty boy.
Thanks for asking though.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >