Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2006, 01:01 PM

The cats are going to the vets..!

Noticed that our youngest cat Ozzy had bright red (blood red) wee this morning, so we're off the the vets tomorrow..!

He seems totally normal otherwise, but it's not a good sign, so want to get him checked.

We are also taking my older cat, JessPuss. Now, I acquired her when I was a student, and I guess this is quite bad, she has only been to the vets once in about 5 years.

When I was a student, the issue of paying for the vets and going never came up, she was never ill, so I never had any reason to go (and I was a skint tearaway)!

We thought we would take her along too, as it has been soo long, and she is getting older. So she can be checked over (even though she is in good health).

I have never thought anything of not taking her at all, although Bodhi has been 3 times in her first 5 months of life (as has Ozzy as we had him from a kitten).

I hope the vet doesn't think bad of me for not taking her, but that was my choice at the time. I also don't want her to get her boosters (although, she would have to have the full course now I expect).. I'm not sure WHY I feel like this, I just do...

Well.. That's thought of the day...
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Poor Ozzy! Hope he's ok. Could easily be something like a bladder/kidney infection because cats can be quite susceptible to those. Keep us posted and good luck
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-02-2006, 01:05 PM

Will do.. Bless him
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2006, 04:26 PM
Aww, I hope they are both ok
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Awww he's probably just got cystitis, mine had blood in his wee when he had that. The advice I was given was to only feed him wet food, although I can't remember why!! Maybe it was just to make sure he was getting enough fluid to help flush it through? I hope he'll be just fine!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Definately sounds like Cystitis, a course of anti-biotics should see him ok, best of luck. Wouldnt worry about not taking a Cat to the Vets, its a GOOD sign, I have one here "Jessie" that has been 3 times in 17yrs! and one of those was to be spayed!
Dawn.
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Had to change the appointment - he's off tonight now!!

He is fine in himself, we think it is just a water infection
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 11:46 AM
Awww, jhope your cats are ok!

One of our cats, Jack had the same problem and its something to do with his kidneys and he's been happily living with it for about 8 years He has to have a special diet and regular vet checks but they've not had to do anything so it doesn't cost much

Hope yours is just a water infection though! The food is expensive... lol!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 12:14 PM
I hope all goes well !!