Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by petebren View Post
This is a good thread, good to know we are all in the same boat, thought Cumbria the worst for prices but now not sure. Gordon Brown should shop at Asda, recently bought their brand of olive oil spread, it went green well before sell by date too, bag of potatoes had mouldy ones in, their brand of sugar puffs all stick tog after two weeks even closing bag well etc, grr so no choice but to throw stuff aaway making buying their own brand dearer!!! Too far to return it too as we dont live close to any supermarket.
Funny you should say that about stuff going off so quickly. I know it's hot, but even when it wasn't as hot as now, I notice that potatoes just don't last more than a couple of days, they end up green, when they used to last a lot, lot longer. However, the potatoes I bought from that farm shop have lasted almost a whole week so far without a hint of green??? Why is that then? Could be, that by the time it gets into our house, it's already spent half it's life travelling around the World perhaps? Farm shop - dig them up and sell them straight away?!

Oh it's gonna get worse, much worse, I can feel it in my water
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6