View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2007, 05:24 PM
In recent years alone i can think of so many 'ends'-i can remember some fruit loops waiting for the clock to strike twelve as we entered the year 2000, expecting it all to go black! The solar eclipse was also meant to be 'the end', oh and there was something else too..i think its all a load of codswallop!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 05:40 PM
oh yes luke... and i think it was meant to ge the end of the world 06.06.06 last year too!

its amazing really isnt it.

i think people are out to scare us! and it must scare some people!
i remember the whole 2000 thing!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 06:08 PM
If the world is to end there is absolutely nothing we can do about so live each day as if it's your last!
Becky (more chocolate needed then )
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I forgot about 666 last year..i can remember passing a church that had given a sermon about the end coming upon that day...if i remember it was rather a good day, went out for dinner with friends..didn't see any apocolypse's, or devil spawn anywhere im afraid!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes but they got 666 wrong. They thought it was the number of the devil but the bible said it's the number of the beast and it is now believed to be Judas who is 666 not Satan, whoops yet another error lol!
Becky
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Its likely that the Aztecs, as advanced as they were scientifically, had also calculated the next full alignment of planets to occure in 2012 (Really unfortunate that so much knowlege was lost in the destruction of that culture, much of it once rediscovered, has been proven correct) However, I think it is unlikely that the world will end when the planets align. It didn't end last time the planets aligned. This doomsday outlook is just superstitious nonsense, a remnant of a time when we had everything to fear from the unknown. We had to make things up to explain our world and the anomolies in it, its something we still do to a small extent today.

Don't know if any of you are bible readers but it states in Revelations that "No man shall know the hour" If you go by that, then any date that has been predicted is pretty much guaranteed NOT to be the day the world will end.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 04:38 PM
I wish I had a fiver for everytime I've been told the world was coming to an end, I'd be quite well off by now

The world will end one day. I'm not going to worry when it's gonna happen, life's short enough as it is
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm with Thandi on this.............the world will definately, certainly, without doubt, end one day.

Here's another guaranteed prediction........I won't be around to see it
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Here's the answer...........

Snorri
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
Yes Becky I mean we will all go around like headless chickens, buying pressies and trying to get organised and then BOOM two days before its all over!!! Now that's just mean!
Too right its mean!
It means I won't get my Christmas holiday in that year...
I wonder whether I could get pay in lieu?
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »