Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 06:34 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 17th October

Good morning all.

Well glad to hear Eileen is ok and Sarah and the babies too.
I hope everyone else is ok.

The wall is down all but a small piece round the back, so it will be concrete posts in next. Shall be glad when it is finished hopefully tomorrow.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 07:59 AM
Good news on the fencing front Moyra
i am going to be worn out by the time night comes
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Good morning Moyra and Griff

Once the posts are in Moyra the fence should go up easily and quickly

Pleased you Sarah and the little ones are safe Eileen.

Pleased Lara is a lot better Harvey.

Dull here this morning.Barry has another visit to the dentist, hopefully the last one until his dsnext check up. This means a nice walk along the sea front whilst waiting for him. Moved the budlia, yesterday, mowed the lawn and then Barry blew up the acorns the mower had not picked up. Nothing else is planned today.

Hope all are keeping well.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-10-2017, 09:56 AM
No dentist today he has a power cut. Should have put more money in the meter. So instead we have been trimming back the front hedge opposite our front door. The amount of dead twigs etc , you can see the thatch like part we cut,all dead stuff

Removed 2 large plastic bags full. Can't square off the top properly as next door likes it high so can only do our side.

Hopefully now the one with berries will spread and full that gap which it couldn't do before
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Morning all
Moyra glad the fence is nearly done
Griff hope Kota goes on ok today & that you are not too shattered
Sue shame the nice walk ended up being cancelled and obviously that Barrys dentist appointment was cancelled too, although I'm always glad when I have a reason for not going to the dentist lol
Eileen hope everyone at yours had a good night
I'm at work later, but before want to tidy the bathroom & wipe it down.Tony put the blind up this morning, looks fab. Since the trees got cut down at back we've lost quite a bit of privacy so need a blind up now.
Coffee first though
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Just had another row with Steve. I wrote a letter to council giving them permission to put our name forward for any two bedroom sheltered property that comes available. He didn't even want to go to the post office to post the letter. I said that's right you do not want to move. He thought about it and has just gone out to post the letter! From what the lady said on the phone we have been waiting a long time and with my problems should be given priority so fingers crossed.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 03:35 PM
Hello all

Hope everything finds you well.
Weather calm and quiet here although a little blowly last night brought down some branches from the tree in the council greeenery. Nothing big though; and no damage done.

I have been in hospital since last Tuesday, and got let out Sat. have been diagnosed with diverticulitis been unable to keep anything down lost 3/4 stone from last Wednesday. Since discharge been into hospital for approx 4 hours in the afternoon to have IV fuids and antibiotics and antisickness, Sunday Mon and today; last one hopefully tomorrow as have kept some juice down today. Feel better but still weary. Diagnosed from a ct scan.
Not what they were expecting they were thinking pancreas or gull bladder/stones
Had no inclination anything was wrong till had to pull the car over last Tuesday Morning with pain in chest like someone standing on it and sickness. In resus for 5-6 hours they though I was having a heart attack. Burnt my bottom lip due to acid from tummy, and a temp that would not come below 38.2. So quite scary; but all good now fingers crossed back to see consultant on Friday then back to see them in about 8-9 weeks for cameras .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Diveticulitisis really nasty Kazz, hope you are soon 100%, when you go to the Drs, ask them to give you a prescription for the antibiotics for you to keep on standby, the quicker you start treatment the better,have they advised you what foods to avoid? if i recall, peanuts are a major no no
Moyra, if steve moves with you, if somethig happened to you, would he be able to stay in the sheltered accomodation? if not maybe it would be better for him to get settled in his own place now
Just going to be heading off out soon, need to do the dogs and then come back ad pick Kota up ready for tonight...i am starting to panic now Lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Thanks for that Griff and a great heads up. Will be getting a lot more information hopefully on Friday at the moment I am on a no food diet.

Whats happening to Kota tonight?

And Moyra thats a great idea about the housing and been in supported would be a great idea for you people to keep you company.
But Griffs is a good thought regarding Steve..........he may be "old" enough so to speak but would he be eligible in his own right? There again I suppose when the times comes if ever many years off and he had to move they would need to provide him with housing at that point.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

17-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Kazz, wow that all sounds scary, I read it that you are better now but assume the talk with the consultant will enable you to know everything you need to do in future.

Hope you can back on a diet which keeps you fit and no more of these scary sounding things ever grab you again.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >