register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm waiting for the weather to clear then going out to check. She has been eating if i leave it with her so hoping it will be gone. High winds and torrential rain at present
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 09:53 AM
Stay safe and batten down the hatches. Fingers crossed Kesh has eaten what you left her.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Think the rains stopped, if so I'll take them nearby for a quick charge round, as long as Kesh has eaten
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2017, 10:55 AM
Morning all
TW, hope Keshi has decided to eat now
didn't know anything had happened in vegas...just went to have a look...oh dear
Lacey, lovely to see you last night
Mandy, so sorry to hear your mum has done her wrist....sounds like a very independent lady
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 11:06 AM
Afternoon griff.
Oooh sorry Mandy meant to say hope your mum's hand heals soon. Such a worry aren't they ?

Been pruning back the buddleia two are still flowering so left the spikes with flowers on as we saw a butterfly earlier and there was also a big bee about.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 11:54 AM
I was the same when I broke my wrist and my fingers, Mandy. Drove me daft, couldn't do anything, so I understand perfectly why she is still trying to get out for a walk Worse thing for me was when they took the plaster off, just left me like that, my wrist was so weak and sore. I had to go and buy a couple of support tubular bandages and wore them for a while until it felt stronger. Couldn't believe they wouldn't put a support bandage on, but nope, they wouldn't
Kesh had eaten, took her and Zen onto the little park, where she found if she dug the grass up there was the stuff she was looking for. She did have a bit of a wander around, but mainly lay down chewing a ball or prodding her nose around till she found what she wanted. She's still walking very slowly. Only up the road from me so not too far for her but a bit of a walk out for her. Zen played ball with me and we did some training.
Then got Lona and Mabs out up to the track to the woods and came back through the trees at the back of the field. Kept having heavy rain showers off and on, but at least we got out for half an hour or so, better than nothing.
Off to get LPG for the car and the money out for John at the garage. Very very strong winds here
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
but mainly lay down chewing a ball or prodding her nose around till she found what she wanted.
Yes, Casey does this as well on our walks, in fact he pulls the roots out and eats them, so far as I can tell it's grass, so I'm trying to follow the discussion on what it is and why they do it.

Rianna used to eat Comfrey leaves, these grow along side rivers and streams and are allegedly good for something but have forgotten what it is.

Casey has once again taken up his position behind me, waiting for any sign that I am about to take him on his walk

Have missed a few days on here, purely down to excess of 'jobs to do' and feeling knackered in the evening. Bye for now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 12:38 PM
June glad Kesh ate and you managed walks.
Harvey is that bone knot the comfrey ? Dillon is eating lots of grass ok in himself maybe he has a bit of a sore tummy or indigestion ?

Just had some good news Lauren told us yesterday she went for an interview last week. The works Huntingdon. Lot nearer to home for her so financially better off even though a drop in money less miles on her lease car and petrol costs and no more stressful early starts and late finishes and then having to drive from Essex to Cambridge every day. She was already stressing as we had a couple of foggy days last week and she hates driving the country roads in fog and rain.
Can't say I blame her.
So now hoping when Mark starts searching for work nearer to home he has two weeks off from next week he has some good luck to. I will be happier when neither of them have the back roads and long journeys with winter approaching.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-10-2017, 01:25 PM
I remember the comfrey thing Harvey, because it did worry me that she was self medicating and you were taking her to the vets, but she passed away before you could get her there. I do know excessive amounts can cause liver damage. Lynn put up some info about soil eating, which is a bit different from grass eating. Mine love the long grass that grows by the waterfall, but don't usually bother with the grass in the garden.I would definitely observe what is being eaten,and then do some research. Do your dogs have veg with their raw.
Lynn I know it as knitbone. So has Lauren got the job or waiting to hear after the interview
Got my LPG, paid John and thanked him again. Wind is even stronger and glad to be inside. Mopped kitchen floor, got to take old sheets up and put in the washer and hoover up next. Had a nice hour with a brew and butty
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Hey there,
Heading to Asda when the babes wake up.It'll kill a couple of hours,weather is too bad to take them anywhere walking
Thanks for the welcome back's guysGood to be back to normal again
No tools todayHouse is safe.Can't get back at it until Thursday
Sorry Keshi isn't feeding today TW.Sure you're glad she'll be off to the vet again tomorrow,sooner the better eh?
Big hi LYNN,MOYRA,NJ,SUE,and anyone else I missed last night.Hope all is well
Oops I hear weakening sounds coming from the living room.No rest for the wicked!
See ya later xx
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >