Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2017, 08:03 AM

Dogsey Daily Saturday 30th September 2017

Morning all you sleepy heads. June hope Keshi is feeling better this morning. What treatment has the vet suggested? Have been looking up the condition in my book of all knowledge and there are various dietary things you can do. Hope everyone else is in fine fettle.
Have a good day. Looks like batten down the hatches over the weekend for a lot of us. Take Care.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Take care down your way Brenda as I think we are in for a very wet weekend

Sorry the news about Kesh wasn't good June. I had an autoimmune dog and with careful management she lived until she was 12.5yrs. She was hypothyroid which also caused her to have corneal ulcers which resulted in the loss of one eye and a graft on the other to save the cornea. On top of that she had inflammatory bowel disease but with care of her diet she did very well. There is a very good group called CIMDA which was started by someone whose dog died of AIHA. They helped me a lot with support and ideas on how to cope. (Hope I have not transgressed mentioning this group if so please remove).

Pleased the car was repaired at very little cost and hope now it will keep you mobile until you find another June

Lets hope Beth and Paul keep the drive clear from now on Lynn

Don't blame you staying in Mandy takeaway and a nice bottle of wine sounded good.

Well the rain has started just as Barry decided to clear the leaves off the lawn Have managed to get out for our walk in the dry which is all that really matters.

Hope everyone, two and four legged, are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Morning all,
Brenda, hope you don't get too bad weather
you too Sue...that's the thing i was thinking of AIHA
Not planning on doing much today at all, walk the dogs and that will most likely be it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Vet says she already gets the right foods and diet and there is nothing I can do on that score that isn't already happening. I have an appointment on Tuesday with one of the partners, Gordon, at 3.50 on Tuesday so we'll see what the score is.
Sue one of the things that does worry me is what else is lurking.
Was absolutely out on my feet in the end last night, total wreck and went to bed
Griff I will get her started on the steroids now I have the right info from you, thank you.
Still too scared to look at all the ramifications. One of my friends is looking to see what is what.
Kesh not so clever this morning. Managed to get her to eat the ox heart which had the tablet in. The beauty of the new house she is in is that I can isolate her from the others and there is plenty of light and the top door lets air in. So I have left her with breakfast and hope she has something else to eat. Will be checking on her shortly, just wanted to give an update
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Steroids really are a wonder drug...i know they make you gain weight and increase the appetite and in a dog make you pee more Lol but they are quite quick acting...i hope she has eaten her brekkie today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue, June and griff and all to follow.

Hope the weather isn't to bad your way brenda and Sue.
Hope you're ok today griff.
Hugs for kesh and yourself June.

Car back Austen din't mention he wanted to buy it back so we didn't push it. We will tidy and sort the prang on the bumper and look for part exchange or list it on ebay.
Did a recce of some areas again today over near where Mark and Lauren live but not as nice as near where they live. To built up which is a shame with one of the houses as the nature reserve is within walking distance.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2017, 01:46 PM
Awww Lynn, shame he didn't offer to buy the car back
Went to he cotton traders shop with dad, bought a lovely top for my mum and she did her usual thing of turning her nose up!! If i hadn't bought it she would have said she would have it...now have to go all the way back and take it back.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Can't really blame Austin, he's probably seen enough of it as it is and regretting taking it as a px himself
Went out to take girls out and there was Kesh stood at her door, tail wagging. Checked and she had eaten her brekkie, hurrah. Walked her and Lona over to where we used to go onto the river before the debris got there and made it virtually impossible for them to go over if they didn't have the mountain goat gene. Let them off and watched what Kesh did, she was on the scent straight away looking for whatever it is she needs. Where we were at the start was quite sandy after the floods, so I walked up to where there were more trees, because beginning to wonder if that is why she likes the woods and the field, because whatever this stuff is she wants is to do with certain trees or plants. She did find some, tends to be near blackberry bushes and oak trees by what I can tell. However not a lot of whatever it is where we were. She lay down a bit fed up, and probably tired. Left her to have a rest and Lona was running round and went down the banking into the river, so she was happy. Set off back home after half an hour. Handed out bones and Kesh grabbed one out of my hand very quickly, excellent sign I feel. Put her back in her house with the door shut so she had the bone in peace. Went up in the woods with Zen and Mabs and they had a good walk, rain had set in on the way back. Got home, handed out more bones and had a tidy up. Kesh had eaten her bone, and let her out. When I did their food order I put on 8 lamb spine chunks, as a spare emergency pack, and they have come in handy. Forgot to buy chicken drumsticks yesterday as I have been using them as bones. Still got 4 more of them, very pleased Kesh was hungry enough to come right up and take it off me, she has excellent manners normally and waits for me to hand them out. On this one occasion I was happy she forgot her manners. Thinking she must be in some sort of pain, because I gave her the paracetamol in the ox heart and she perked up within an hour and ate her breakfast.
Lynn hoping you see YOUR HOUSE,it is out there I know it is. But yours hasn't sold yet, in fact it isn't even on the market. Have you any idea when you'll be in a position to put it on the market. Thinking you may well get messed around long term by Beth and Paul if they can't raise the money, but don't tell you as they are still trying, if you get my drift
What was wrong with the top you bought your mum, Griff. You have nice taste normally!!! I like Cotton Traders stuff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2017, 02:52 PM
That's good TW, that she us eating....did they scan her spleen??
Errrr she says it's too pale..its a lovely metallic lilac, got it for a tenner!! Never mind, would have looked lovely with black trousers
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Does sound nice, but not everyone can wear lilac. He scanned all her cavity and nothing to see. Like you I am ecstatic she is eating, even if its only slowly!
Bailey (one of Zens older sisters from the first litter)has had her hip scores back and she is a 5/6. Exactly the same as Zen. So pleased with that score I can't tell you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >