Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2017, 09:46 AM
Hope the rain stops June.
As far as I know they live in it permanently. Definitely one to think about.
I think a lot people particularly round here see that sort of construction and assume it's a holiday let. Maybe agent is keen to point out it could be a full time home.
Not today need to do some cementing jobs or Gorden does. me housework and just groomed Dillon. We are going to take a little drive up the roadway at the back of the property to have a look see and probably take a wander along the river bank to get a view if we can of the front.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2017, 10:10 AM
Hope the rain stops for you June so you can get the girls out.

Definitely jeans Griff although warm it is very wet out there

Lovely Lynn and I too wonder what the construction is. It even has a pool for Dillon

Shopping done and out away and now just sitting having a coffee. Its raining again. Teazle has only just decided that she should get up and go out into the garden lazy girl
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2017, 10:40 AM
We think it is of mobile home construction whatever that is ? With extensions. Going to do some research.
Yes a pool for Dillon and his own pet fish.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2017, 11:14 AM
That looks lovely Lynn, has great possibilities.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Lynn, i love it!!!! i really like those wardrobe doors in the master bedroom!! Hahaha...i was a girl!! scrapped the jeans idea and went in my new dress, tights and new boots, got my flu jab done and came home, ran into my friend chris and ended up chatting to her for 2 hours Lol...my back is killing me, not a great idea to stand and chat in 5 inch wedges Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Rain had stopped by 11 and got the girls out onto the field, as that was vacant and no one cutting grass or whatever, and it is completely fenced off now, I thought it a better bet than to risk going up in the woods with 2 girls in the middle of their season and one at the end Zen rolled in fox poo - again. Others came round it for a sniff, but I warned them death was an option, and they came away quickly.
Very very close here and humid. Washer is on and I'm having a butty and a brew watching the news. I've been running the car on petrol for a week or so, not sure where I am on the LPG situation, if I need some will nip out after Doctors. Rain forecast for later on in the afternoon so no point in starting painting.
Lynn, would it be a prefab perhaps, or maybe a chalet or park home. Whatever it is it looks promising and worth investigating.
Griff, serves you right, now sit down and put your feet up
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Wonder why they are selling it as a holiday home with their being rights to live there all the year round.
Same thought crossed my mind, if it's a freehold property, and one can live there 365 days a year, then why is it described as a 'holiday home' ???

But it does look lovely and so close to the nature reserve as well.

There are some very nice timber 'Lodges' on the market in lovely locations, and if you were willing to stay in a hotel for one month (Sometimes only 21 days) you could live there the rest of the year.

Have to go now as Casey is sitting by my side doing his whining thing which is a preliminary to his 'we are going walky' thing (Combination of barking and jumping around like a demented loon )
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2017, 01:04 PM
It is lovely isn't it. I think it is a park home June.
I wonder if they have had lots of people asking about the freehold as we know park homes you pay a charge which you wouldn't here as it is freehold, also the tenancy side which if course again doesn't come into it.
Gorden said he is prepared to view if it still on the market when we sell. He will be making sure the floors are stable and not bouncy, and also looking into running costs.
It has calor gas heating. I think like we can with the oil you can have an account and save so much a month.
I love where it is closer to Essex to. Bit longer for the vet will have to check that as vets in Wisbech and March I will not take Dillon to.
Just checked distance to vet it says 2 mins further.
Maybe we will take a drive by and then do the journey to vet to see how long it actually takes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
We think it is of mobile home construction whatever that is ?
I once had a tour around the Omar factory in Thetford, they make lots of 'mobile homes'

The construction is basically two sheets of plywood with a 6 to 8 inch layer of insulated material between which is compressed under huge pressure to make the thickness about the same as in conventional 'air gap' brick construction, the guy at Omar reconned the level if heat insulation was better than a brick built house.

The floors are also plywood, made into a box format, and all the services run under the house and come up into the appropriate room.

It is not unknown for 'mobile homes' (or 'static caravans' as the are sometimes called) to have problems with pipes freezing in winter, (as they go under the house but not in the ground) also where the walls join the roof there can be leaks on 'statics' over 20 years old.

Omar give a guarantee on any leakages or dampness for 20 years, being the skeptic that I am I suggest that they picked that timescale because after 20 years is when the problems really start
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Thank you Harvey useful information.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >