Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2017, 07:48 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 24th September

Good morning everyone

Good idea with the bushes leather but legal June

It would seem that Beth and Paul might be eager to buy Lynn but I can't see why they have to get a valuation. Understand the need to know about rental income and the prospect of a quick tenancy. Hope you manage to find somewhere you will both be happy to live and in a nice area with no parking problems. Happy hunting

Hope you are feeling better now Griff.

Lovely sunny morning here and very warm out. Don't know what to wear these days as one minute cold and the next very warm. Nothing planned so will see what is thrown at me

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2017, 07:53 AM
Good morning everyone. You all seem to be getting your lives organized.

Lynn, sounds good the number of properties you are seeing and knocking off your list. I am sure you will find something that suits you to a Tee soon. Glad Beth looks as though she wants to hurry things along. I wonder what figure her agents give her for your property after they seemed to put yours on the high side, surely they must use the same figures? I wonder?

June, glad you are finally going to get your fence sorted. Berberis is really prickly sharp and a good defender of the property. Should do well.

Jenny glad you and Brian are both ok and hopefully little Pepsi too. Have a good day.

Griff hope you are feeling somewhat better today!

Harvey hope your two are both on the mending, poor Lara and Casey.

Kazz, sue, Barry, Mandy, Nikii, Norma and all hope you are all ok, take care.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2017, 08:03 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Lovely sunny day here.

Moyra I had a thought earlier about the rapid response to Beth getting valuation surveyors in and letting agent. Maybe it's to know they could let it for the money they would need and anyone lending money needs at least valuation survey. It will either allow them to go ahead or not. If yes we may still have to give them the grace we offered for sale of Paul's mums house if it's a no we can immediately put it on the market.
They will not be borrowing the full amount you need at least 40-50% deposit so the mortgage will be a lot less than this house is valued at. They like to know if they defaulted they can at least regain the money lent back.

Off out later dropping car off to Austen as it is being silly again. Unfortunately not under warranty anymore. We will not be throwing loads of dosh at it so hopefully a quick and easy fix.
Then off to do some more research into areas where we have seen houses we like.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2017, 09:44 AM
TW..legally speaking you need grippa strips, if you use carpet gripper and someone comes over and gets hurt...it's you that gets done....the grippa strips are uncomfortable but not dangerous
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2017, 10:14 AM
I know legally I need grippa sticks but the horrid side of me is saying carpet grippers
Checked Kesh this morning, and nothing doing on day 10,so Zen is the one I need to watch at the moment. Lots of strangers and dogs in the village this weekend as it is Scarecrow Festival and all sorts of events happening,funfair in the pub carpark, competition to find the best scarecrow, food being served so think today will be pretty busy and safer for us to stay where we are
I too think Paul and Beth were expecting a lower valuation, probably scared the pants off them actually. At least you'll know what way to jump once they've got a valuation for a buy to let
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2017, 10:25 AM
Morning Sue, griff and June.

Sue the mortgage lender would require a valuation survey at the least. Just basically letting them know the house is worth the money they are lending if they needed to repossess.
griff we were told he same back in the 90's no barbed wire or nasty carpet grippers for the same reasons in case the poor little should hurt themselves while burglarising your property. They would be in their rights to sue.
Bloomin cheek in my opinion.
June sounds like a good plan to stay out with all the shenanigans going on in the village.
My nastier side would want as painful as possible to.
Yes Gorden said Beth was shocked. Especially as he told her £155 we could only go to £150. She said she was expecting to be fair like we were £140,000 valuation.
They are now planning on taking a good piece of the garden and the shingle parking area if they buy. Monday she said they were not interested in that.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Hello everyone.

TW, I entirely agree with Berberis. Beautiful shrubs all year round. Little maintenance required too.

Lynn I've looked at all the properties you have listed and I'm thinking maybe I will sell up and come and live near you!! I like them all but particularly the one you have fallen in love with and the last one. I'm really not into olde worlde I like modern.

We have had such a quiet day just the 2 of us. The rest of the family seem to have all grown away and have got their own things to do
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Aw Nippy, you used to have such massive Sunday lunches, and its such a shame, but you were quite literally on your knees with it all. I think this bush is a lovely colour as well as being pretty and a good protection against anyone thinking about climbing up to abuse me because they are 'concerned about the way I treat my dogs' A few thorns stuck in various parts of their anatomy will maybe educate them to take their 'concerns' elsewhere and bully someone else.
Did some painting on the new house again, so everythings had one coat now, and some bits have two. Once I've got everything done I can sit back a bit, until The Fence is built, then that will need painting and then the prickles planted.
Girls have mithered me to death this afternoon, usually they settle down and watch but I had constant nudges in my back from them, my t shirt rode up at one stage, and Zen was licking my back and it was cold and it tickled.
Had a few people passing on the Scarecrow Festival who complemented me on my garden, which was so nice, and very unexpected. Its not that brilliant this year because of the almost constant rain, but still nice and colourful.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Hello all
We are back from Chelmsford, had a fab weekend visiting a Liam & Sarah. Just what I needed. We had a fabulous indoor BBQ on Friday evening, Sarah's family came too. They are all lovely. Sarah did some vegetarian dishes too, for no reason other than they liked them. Very nice, came home with a couple of ideas
And we met Reggie, Sarah's parents golden lab he's gorgeous
NJ hugs, I know your lunches used to be huge but quite busy for you
TW think the girls were obviously fed up of your painting
And wanted games or Zen was feeling peckish

Right will try & read through the last couple of days to see what I've missed
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Good evening all. Seems that many of you had a pretty good day.
Wasn't too bad for us. Clear but coolish.

We had a visit to the supermarket and I walk around it with Max on his lead. I was trying to do up the zip on my coat and not giving too much attention to the dog. He peed on his lead.
Washed in water and a little disinfectant. It is still drying so his last couple of walks - no lead. Not a big deal. I just like the comfort of knowing I have it if I need it.

My dear wife is still toying with the notion of getting a small companion for Max. He is excellent with other dogs when we are out. Another in his home - I'm not so sure.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >