register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 12:45 PM
Rained all morning and got on with my jobs. Ended up shutting Kesh and Zen in as they were sat in the rain, its quite warm, but with them being long haired it takes ages for them to dry. Took bones out at lunchtime, tidied up, and then left door open as rain does seem to have passed over.
Food delivery this morning, this guy is brilliant, almost set your clock by him, prices are great and it all comes from a place where they have their own abbatoir, so animals come from field virtually next door, straight through, no stressful journey or questionable practices
Great valuation Lynn, looking forward to your next one.
WOW Moyra, you could have bought a new one for that.
I have heard of the tinnitus sound thing, Griff. I was watching a vid of it all and then my internet crashed and never found the vid again, so no idea how much it would have cost me to do it. Interesting they are doing it on the NHS though.
Chicken stew sounds good,Sue. I fancied chicken goujons for lunch, just finished them. Next job is to hoover and mop, then shower and hair wash I think.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Moyra we will be letting Paul and Beth know later today the valuations. much hard work going on by the sounds of it next door.
They cannot do anything until the flat is sold that Pauls mum left. Hoping upon hopes they want it so bad for the drive and access rights back they think about borrowing against their house.
Or it is out of their price range and if that is the case we will be markting straight away and see if the agent is right about they have people on their books who would be interested.
Ooooh wouldn't it be lovey new home for christmas.

Trying not to get to excited.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 01:43 PM
I am excited for you Lynn, you have waited long enough to be not only mortgage free, but also in the place where you feel secure and happy. Everything crossed for you here
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2017, 02:29 PM
I agree Lynn, add a bit and you can drop if selling to paul and beth and if not the higher valuation with room to drop a bit, would be nice..new year, new start
Lol...if a drop in hearing is linked to dementia god help my dad!! mind you, his work says his hearing is o.k, they wouldn't say any different though would they? they would most likely have to pay out
TW, i will see if i can find some more info on that tinitus thingy
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2017, 02:33 PM
https://www.nice.org.uk/advice/mib5/...ology-overview
it must have been the trial i saw advertised or an advert promoting the device...next time i go i will see if the poster is still about
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Second valuation out of the way. Well we are gobsmacked we knew we paid to much for this place.
Second valuation put it on for £165,000 with views of taking offers around £162,00 £160,000 mark. Again very confident they can sell it possibly in 4 to 6 weeks.
Mind you this is the agent that has Pauls mum's flat on and they have had to reduce by £7000 as it hasn't old. it is for a specific market though where as here would suit a broader spectrum.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 03:10 PM
How much did you psy for it Lynn, I can't remember. What about trying that Purple Bricks they keep advertising
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 03:16 PM
Had a look at the link, thank you Griff. Its not cheap is it, and only lasts 3 years, so what happens then, or is it supposed to get rid of it altogether by then
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2017, 03:21 PM
Gorden said to both agents we paid over what it was worth and of course we didn't know the house of horrors that was awaiting us.
4 years ago in october we paid £118,000 it was marketed at £125,000. We have invested a lot of money and time in it but I think we still live in the past and do not see what others see obviously.
Very happy more about the lovely positive comments as well as the valuations. We know we can pass this on to someone else confident they can move in and do it up and sort the garden in their own time.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Sounds good Lynn, stick to your guns. Just think of all the work you have put in since you moved in there!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >