Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 01:02 AM
Now in Bristol too
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:24 AM
My son is a special in the Met and has been in Hackney all night. I haven't been able to sleep and have been up watching the horrific events on tv. Places I am only familiar with from driving my sister up to the Marsden have been targeted and I feel so sad for such mixed reasons. Have heard from my son and he is at a betting shop waiting for the windows to be boarded up and then he will be going off duty thank god.
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 02:48 AM
It's scary stuff I'm glad your son is on his way home lilypup. Apparently the company who was boarding all of the burnt out shops up for the police has run out of materials now.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:50 AM
Not heard from him for a couple of hours now. I'm so worried.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Not heard from him for a couple of hours now. I'm so worried.
It seems to be dying down a little now, apparently these pockets of youths seem to be going home in small groups, no doubt to have a good kip and then regroup tomorrow night.
The police seem to be getting a hammering from residents and shop keepers but can't say I would have liked to have been in their shoes last night facing those mobs. Feel so very sorry for the residents, a lot of the people in these areas don't have very much to start with, they have even less now...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 05:52 AM
It is ridiculous that we have no defence against these scumbags who are just after something for nothing. Most of them have no idea who Mark Duggan is and are using his death as an excuse to loot and cause untold criminal damage.

Let's face it, folks, most of this will go unpunished, and those that are caught "on camera" will get the usual namby pamby sentence. After a nice rest at our expense, they'll be back out on the street terrorising people, dogs, workers etc with absolutely no thought for the fear they instil.

Sometimes I hate this bloody country.......

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
It's scary stuff I'm glad your son is on his way home lilypup. Apparently the company who was boarding all of the burnt out shops up for the police has run out of materials now.
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
It seems to be dying down a little now, apparently these pockets of youths seem to be going home in small groups, no doubt to have a good kip and then regroup tomorrow night.
The police seem to be getting a hammering from residents and shop keepers but can't say I would have liked to have been in their shoes last night facing those mobs. Feel so very sorry for the residents, a lot of the people in these areas don't have very much to start with, they have even less now...
He's home now thank god but he said he'll probably be out again tonight. Not sure I can cope with this again.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:02 AM
Hope you hear from your son soon Claire, you must be worried sick, let's hope and pray he's tucking into some breakfast and will phone you before getting his head down somewhere, he must be in total shock and utter despair himself.

I grew up in London, many parts of it, and many moons ago, but never in a million years could I have believed what I'm seeing now That black woman on the video said it all for me, and bring in the army before it escalates even further, that's what they're for! Give those poor residents some back up and save their properties and businesses for this scum who have nothing and never will!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
He's home now thank god but he said he'll probably be out again tonight. Not sure I can cope with this again.
What a relief for you.

I have many friends and acquaintances in the police in all these locations and they are being put into intolerable positions, as are the firefighters
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2011, 06:07 AM
Lillypup (((hugs))). I am worrying seriously now it is kicking off everywhere. Mark, Tracey and the children are so close and hopefully we will be ok but my youngest son has just moved to Streatham and works in Clerkenwell I am worried it will escalate and he will have problems too.

I really feel for those poor people caught up in this it must be terrifying. Hope you are ok Vicki and good luck today Murf. I am so glad Gorden does not work in Lewisham and surrounding areas anymore.

Well done that lady on the vid she is right.

They need helicopters and nets like they use for game on the African plains net them all up. Send them back out into the community to rebuild the devasatation they have caused.. Tag them so they are curfewed or chain gang them.

But they need to be brought to book for this else they will never learn.
Page 5 of 47 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »