Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 02:19 AM

Jess' progress

The girl is still with us, she has been desexed a while ago and has come into her own, she is an amazing girl, and do not understand her reasons for being surrendered to the pound at all.
She was terrified of people when she first came here, to get her out of the co-ordinators car, we had to go each side of the car as she would push herself to the other side of the car when trying to get her. She now loves car rides
She was terrified of people coming to the door, she would scoot under the dining room table and hide, she now has a little bark at the door when they knock, once they are in she is up for a pat, and when my Aunt stayed she was alseep on her lap within 20mins.
She was terrified of other dogs and ran and hid from Louis when introduced even though Louis is the most polite non intrusive dog, now she plays with our neighbours dogs and gives them a run for their money, even playing with their blue heeler, and Jed even though he is the size of a small horse. Her b/f left her (my dad's dog) they were thick as thieves but she just turned her attention to all the other dogs
When I corrected her, she learnt so fast, I taught her "out of the kitchen" as my other dogs know it, she went out and sat, I went to give her a treat, and she took off in fear, I felt so bad and called her back she did not forget that she would be given a treat instead of what they must have done to her
She went to chase after a cat and I called her back and she came, so much for her being a chook killer
She didn't know how to play ball, but now throws toys around and chases them with the best of them.
She has been for river walks and out and about, which she loves.
She is up for adoption this week, I am going to miss her like crazy except for the fact my house and me will not look like a lamington (forgot about hair shedders )
I could not say a bad thing about this girl, and could easily keep her and will until she has the perfect home.
Harley & Me
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2010, 03:32 AM
Sounds like you have worked wonders with Jess and you should be very proud. She sounds like a lovely girl and hopefully it wont be too long until she finds a permanent home.

I know it will be hard to say good bye, I remember it from when we used to foster cats but know what you did made a big difference to Jess and has given her a good chance at a home.

Thanks for sharing her progress and do let us know when she has found a new home.

Take care x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 07:10 AM
That's so great to hear

It must be so rewarding for you to see how far she's come and to know that you have given her the best chance of finding her foreever home. Well done
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Harley & Me View Post
Sounds like you have worked wonders with Jess and you should be very proud. She sounds like a lovely girl and hopefully it wont be too long until she finds a permanent home.

I know it will be hard to say good bye, I remember it from when we used to foster cats but know what you did made a big difference to Jess and has given her a good chance at a home.

Thanks for sharing her progress and do let us know when she has found a new home.

Take care x
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
That's so great to hear

It must be so rewarding for you to see how far she's come and to know that you have given her the best chance of finding her foreever home. Well done
Thanks, it has been so rewarding and she is the most lovely dog and am at a lost to why she ended up in the pound, she has been nothing but a gem, and every hurdle she has passed so well and has truly shown herself to be a diamond.
She will be up for adoption this week and I am dreading it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 08:16 AM
Well done, Emma. Sounds like you've done a completely brilliant job with Jess.

I would have such trouble letting fosters go - you have my utmost admiration for what you do.....

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Oh Emma that is so wonderful to hear!! Little Jess was the luckiest girl to get you as her foster mum as her dramatic transformation shows! Of course you will miss her like crazy, but knowing that she has grown so much in confidence, must make you feel happy. I'm sure she will end up in the perfect home and live a long and happy life now. A far cry from the horror of her past. Bless you for saving this little girl and helping her know that happiness and security are hers for the taking. xxxxxx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Well done on the progress so far!
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well done, Emma. Sounds like you've done a completely brilliant job with Jess.

I would have such trouble letting fosters go - you have my utmost admiration for what you do.....
Thanks Vicki, it is going to be hard to let her go, there will be tears

Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
Oh Emma that is so wonderful to hear!! Little Jess was the luckiest girl to get you as her foster mum as her dramatic transformation shows! Of course you will miss her like crazy, but knowing that she has grown so much in confidence, must make you feel happy. I'm sure she will end up in the perfect home and live a long and happy life now. A far cry from the horror of her past. Bless you for saving this little girl and helping her know that happiness and security are hers for the taking. xxxxxx
I will miss this girl, I could keep her so easily, she is brilliant, but try to hold off as I know there are more that need help and it is dumping season, so there will be more, but she is my first girl dog in over 10yrs and she is just so sensitive and loves a cuddle as much as she loves running amok, she was a really sad dog when she got here, and is now a silly girl who is a bit more carefree and has a place in the world that isn't too bad and us humans aren't all mean. Expect a PM with me crying about how I shouldn't of let her go

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Well done on the progress so far!
thank you
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Oh your original post has made me cry Tears of happiness for what you are doing with this wonderful little girl. It must have broken your heart to see how she was when you first brought her home. You are a true star Emma, keep up this fantastic work you are doing, it brings tears to my eyes to read about it!xxxxxxxxxxx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh your original post has made me cry Tears of happiness for what you are doing with this wonderful little girl. It must have broken your heart to see how she was when you first brought her home. You are a true star Emma, keep up this fantastic work you are doing, it brings tears to my eyes to read about it!xxxxxxxxxxx
H, is was truly horrid to see her, at first I thought 'oh she is a lot bigger than my boys and was worried if she fear bit at all. But then to see her almost fold in half when she met Louis it was truly heartbreaking and wanted to hug her, but even that would have been too much for her as 'us' humans were to be feared too.
I had a few people mention to me she looks like she will bite when she is in fear mode, but hand on heart this girl never has, she doesn't fear bite, no matter how scared she is. Even the vet put a muzzle on her when she went in to get desexed, I told him she had never bitten even though she may pull her ears back and have that look (and it is only a look not bearing teeth or anything), he didn't want to risk it, so I accepted that, but had great joy in asking if she bite or snapped at anyone , he said no, she was a star.
I swear if I ever met her previous owners I would have a word or two to say, if she chased chooks it was out of boredom and instinctual. If they had bothered to spend an ounce of time on this girl she would have never been in this situation, but then she would never have been hit or dumped in the pound.
Helena, it is going to be a sad day for me when she goes, and but for her it will be a brand new beginning where she can be treated how she should have always been treated.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >