Becky
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Thats funny 'cause I also have a sunviser that says 'ostentatious and flashy'

Life would be very boring if we were all the same
Oh i forgot to add naff with a capital N Of course its personal preference and my preference is that i don't like them ! as you so often say Jackbox - its a forum and i'm expressing my opinion - i did say in my original post no offence meant.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Of cause it doesn`t make you ostentatious or flashy, and you have no need to apoligies either .

..if some feel offended or feel its flash.. then thats their problem.

You spend your money on what ever you want... if you want a Private number go for it..after all £150 or whatever it costs is not setting you in the millionaire bracket..

Some people smoke , drink , shop,more than that amount of money away in a couple of wks..do they get made to feel they are ostentatious ...

Go for it, enjoy it, and dont feel any remorse for doing so..

If it makes you happy, GOOD!!

I
Not offended they just don't interest me - got better things to spend my money on
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I toatally think it depends what it says.

If it says SEXY or KINKY or GORGEOUES1 or whatever then that is tacky and flashy and just showing off!

I would like one of my name tho.....but need a nice car forst, lol
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:30 AM
I just got Clive into a stranglehold and asked him about the SET one, he said he would rather buy me a better one???? If he means more expensive then wey hey...watch this space

On a serious note, I wasn't offended by any remarks on this thread but did feel that I may have upset people by raising the subject. It seems that we're all happy and capable of having a discussion about them so lets continue

If money were no object I think I would go for the S377ERS one, purely because it means so much to me as a setter owner.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I want PO02DLE!
Becky
Thats brilliant Becky..have you seen it? is is for sale?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 10:44 AM
As far as I can tell all the ones upto 08 were already sold, not sure if 09 has gone yet but more than likely that is the last year I can get it as it will all be 1 or 6 something from next year!
Becky
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
As far as I can tell all the ones upto 08 were already sold, not sure if 09 has gone yet but more than likely that is the last year I can get it as it will all be 1 or 6 something from next year!
Becky
I had a quick look on the dvlc site, they had a few that were similar and still available! Not that I'm encouraging you mind

Clive still can't understand why I would want something to do with dogs rather than my initials...grrrrr some people
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a personalised number plate. My OH has offered to get me one in the past but I really didn't want one. The only time I would consider one is if I had an old car that was in good nick, so would get the private plates to disguise the fact the car was a banger. I always have new cars that I keep for a couple or three years then another brand new one, so a private plate would be a waste for me.

Having said that, if you want one Scorpio, good on you, whatever floats your boat and all that I'm a believer in doing what you like so long as nobody gets hurt, so you go girl If I ever did get a private plate it would have to be dog orientated for sure, something like "CHI WAWA" (yeah I know it's impossible)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
I just got Clive into a stranglehold and asked him about the SET one, he said he would rather buy me a better one???? If he means more expensive then wey hey...watch this space

On a serious note, I wasn't offended by any remarks on this thread but did feel that I may have upset people by raising the subject. It seems that we're all happy and capable of having a discussion about them so lets continue

If money were no object I think I would go for the S377ERS one, purely because it means so much to me as a setter owner.
Bless you! I don't think anyone was upset though so no worries there x
Page 6 of 35 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »