View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hellopanda1413
New Member!
Female 

12-10-2017, 05:31 PM

Home cook food for dog? Or buy it? (help)

Hello! What are everyone’s thoughts on buying dog food… or home cooking food for your dog?

I’m going to adopt a dog soon (golden retriever! it’s my lifelong dream!) and I’ve been doing some research, and I’ve seen quite a number of news of pet food being recalled and many dogs dying due to the food

What’s everyone’s thoughts about feeding their pet?
Markie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2017, 12:08 AM
I feed mine Taste of the wild. It's never been recalled to my knowledge and it's very healthy completely grain free My dogs love their feeding times
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2017, 08:16 AM
So many of our popular and cheaper kibbles are loaded with cheap grains and fillers, ( many of these are beginning to cause health issues) and the big manufacturing companies advertise them as the "best". What a load of nonsense!!
Look for a good quality grain free food, however I still believe that a gently cooked home diet would be better, and better even still would be raw feeding.

There are so many different makes of processed kibbles but as a grain free product "Taste of the Wild" is as good as anywhere to start.

Just a few good GRAIN FREE products.
Millies Wolfheart, Acana, Orijen, Eden, Canagan, Taste of the Wild, Purizon, Simsons (premium), Ziwipeak.

Have a look for a nice little book "Natural Nutrition for Dog's and Cats" by "Kymythy R Schultze" . ( AMAZON used from 1P )
This small book is easy to read and understand, it covers both raw feeding and home made meals too, ( a great little book ).