Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 03:29 PM

Photo Bucket problem!

I took a few photos in the garden this afternoon of Benji and my four year old Rhianna. I then downloaded them from my camera onto the computer and it asks for a name for the group of pictures which I just put Benji and Rhianna in the garden. Anyway when I come to put them on photobucket it will only let me put the first picture on and then after that says that a picture already exists with the same name and won't let me put any more on I know they will all have the same name but they aren't the same pictures and are numbered differently and I don't think that their is an option to change the name anywhere is there. Any one else had this problem
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I took a few photos in the garden this afternoon of Benji and my four year old Rhianna. I then downloaded them from my camera onto the computer and it asks for a name for the group of pictures which I just put Benji and Rhianna in the garden. Anyway when I come to put them on photobucket it will only let me put the first picture on and then after that says that a picture already exists with the same name and won't let me put any more on I know they will all have the same name but they aren't the same pictures and are numbered differently and I don't think that their is an option to change the name anywhere is there. Any one else had this problem
yes Foxy rename them and then they will go on so 0001 is 0001a or something like that ok
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 03:32 PM
Foxy wot you can do is 'uncheck' the little box under the file box, think it says something like 'Keep original picture name' or something like that. If you click on it so the little green tick isn't there then photobucket will make a name up for the photo.

Hope you understood that post
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi foxy. Why do you want to "save" them as a whole group? Can't you just "save" each one so that P.B. will accept them one by one? Also, I have seen on P.B. that there is a special box for downloading multiple pictures have you seen that?

Sorry, I can't really help you as I'm just the same as you with the techie stuff, but all my pics from the camera come up as single pics on the screen and I just edit each one to save the ones I want?

Please don't break P.B. though, leave that bit to me! Lol! I'm better at it than you I think!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-08-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes, you can use the multiple upload facility, but you do need to name each individual photo differently to make it work - and it ain't renowned for breaking speed limits at the best of times!

I name the photos before uploading them, e.g. if I want to upload pics of Kali, I name them things like "Kali 29/8/05.jpg" - you do need to have the ".jpg" at the end, or PB won't recognise it as a photo (stupid thing!)

Snorri
(photobabbler)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Okay thanks everyone - I will go back and have another try

Helena what I meant was that they are uploaded or is that downloaded :smt017 as a group from my camera to my pictures programme and then I alter the size of them on the Fuji finepix programme then go onto photobucket and press browse and then pick one of the pictures and the first one is fine but when I click on the second one it says that it has the same name as the first
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
Foxy wot you can do is 'uncheck' the little box under the file box, think it says something like 'Keep original picture name' or something like that. If you click on it so the little green tick isn't there then photobucket will make a name up for the photo.

Hope you understood that post

Thanks Staffy Yes I understand what you mean I am going to go and try it now, thanks