Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2005, 09:27 PM

The new Florrie

Florrie, was allways a wild child, i even posted in behaviour section recentlly about her problems, but oh how things have changed some of you may be aware we recentlly added a Maine Coon x brittish Shorthair kitten to out clan, Elsa, she was very sick and nearly died. Now Florrie was oddly delicate around Elsa when she was sick, and she would gentlly nuzzle her whenever she cried. Now Elsa is back on her feet and doing better her and Florrie spend all their time together, in the evenings they both curl up with 'Aunty' poll' for the night, whilst Clementine our other cat is offski and about, but in the day Florrie and Elsa are allways in distance of each other.
Indeed they get into mischeif, for instance Elsa has very large Maine coon paws and has learnt how to open the fridge, she hoists her back legs to keep the fridge door open, and emptys the fridge usually the tuna, meat and and cheese. They all get shoved out then Florrie gorges on the 'loot' whilst Elsa gets the remains. They also like to wrestle too see who will get to lick the other ones ear we have to stop them now as Elsa has had ear drops, so Florrie was not happy about this, but yes having a partner in crime seems t have changed Florrie, she doesnt jump up at visitos, no biting, etc etc house breaking is little accidents sometimes at night time but thats usually when she is playing in the garden for the last wee not doing her business. Walking on lead is doing better, my fault really shes used to being off the lead as where we walk is open but circumstances are preventing this a lot now, but yes things are looking good, even if it does involve a few broken vases and such
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Hi Luke glad things are improving with Florrie ,the kittens sound lovely... it is great they all get on so well together watch the stealing food though or Florrie will be getting too fat
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 10:47 PM
aww thats brilliant news luke so glad florrie has calmed down for you good luck with her and the new kitten
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Aww bless, I wish my cat got on with my dogs like that!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-11-2005, 09:20 AM
thanks Rips, not all dogs and cats are best mates lol
thanks Jen, its nice to have visitors now instead of worrying what the little madam is going to do, now she just ambles up with all her hair and has a lick of visitors hands then she is offski to see what there is to get into, knock over, eat, etc around the house with Elsa.
thanks Mini, yes they get on so well, and naturally Florrie will have to get on that treadmill if she continues with the food raids