Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 01:16 PM

what are you lot doing at the bells.

just wondered what everyone else on dogsey is doing tonight?

I have two options, stay home, or go to callendar with dougie and staff, Now we have loads of mates in callendar, but I cant be 100% sure they will turn up at the pub... so the worst sinario would be 8 hrs watching staff working, this would mean I would end up working rather than sitting alone, or if they do turn up 8 hrs drinking, meaning I would be hung over tomorrow...

what to do? Im not sure,
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I have NO idea what we are doing. OH wants to go down to his sisters which would be fine and is within walking distance, but they are more than likely going to head into town before the bells and there is NO WAY I am going into the city centre as there is trouble evry year folk getting bottled and the likes. Its been like that for the past few years.

Other option is there is a wee pub across the road from me and its an allright place, a good mix of folk, so might go across there for the bells and maybe after being at his sisters.

Third option sit here with dringk, crisps and breadsticks and dip and chap on the neighbours to see what they are up to and if they want to come in.

I really want to go for a decent walk tomorrow, either at Tentsmuir or maybe even meet up with Fudgeley and Phil so don't want me or OH to be too hung over...gee I must be getting old
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 01:37 PM
sounds ok lynne, im sure you will manage a good walk tomorrow,

thats the worst bit about being in the security line of work at this time of year, we either work or sit in...
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Well Shona, are you likely to get miserable if you end up sitting in alone?

For as long as I can remember we've had Andy's girls at hogmanay (their Mum would never let them come at Christmas but always wanted to get shot of them at new year) and at first I used to get really miserable thinking I was missing all the fun.

These days iI don't really get excited about it so I'm not bothered what we do. Part of me wants to stay in this year anyhow because I think there will be fireworks so want to be here for Stumpy.

And as Benzmum says, it does mean you can enjoy a good walk the next day.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well Shona, are you likely to get miserable if you end up sitting in alone?

For as long as I can remember we've had Andy's girls at hogmanay (their Mum would never let them come at Christmas but always wanted to get shot of them at new year) and at first I used to get really miserable thinking I was missing all the fun.

These days iI don't really get excited about it so I'm not bothered what we do. Part of me wants to stay in this year anyhow because I think there will be fireworks so want to be here for Stumpy.

And as Benzmum says, it does mean you can enjoy a good walk the next day.
No I wont get miserable, I could go out with steven and co if I wanted to, I guess im used to working anyway at this time of year,
Im just not sure what I want to do I guess, I could also take the car to callendar but then I couldnt have a drink,
its all just seeming like to much hasstle to be honest,
I could drive through to callendar later on, maybe near to the bells, Gordon's dad is also working in a pub in callendar tonight so gordon may hitch through with a couple of mates to go see him for a bit...

or I could be a lazy mare and stay home in the warm... lol
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Well we always stay in on New Years Eve. OH, myself, my brother and Cassie will be barbecuing tonight for tea and have loads of food and drink in so this is where we stay. As you say Shona, it's all too much hassle. I must be getting old too!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Prolly cleaning up puppy pi$$.

No seriously i'm staying in, it's Myles' birthday tomorrow and I would be the one to go and give birth on New years' so it's difficult for me to ever go out again when I have him jumping on my bed in the morning yelling that it's his birthday and I need to be awake. Not the best cure for a night on the town!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Well we always stay in on New Years Eve. OH, myself, my brother and Cassie will be barbecuing tonight for tea and have loads of food and drink in so this is where we stay. As you say Shona, it's all too much hassle. I must be getting old too!
BBQ

Can I come oh and save me some of your baking.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Old fart mode *on*......

I think you all know what that means...
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 03:09 PM
I shall be with my friends..... old farts or not.

That'll be you lot then in case you thought I had others!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »