Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 08:43 PM

Have started packing

Hi all,
well i have started packing,i hate doing it,so far only got through my bedroom and had 2 binbags of rubbish Don't seem to be getting any packing done just throwing out junk.
Wish i was mary poppins and it did itself
Going to sort the paperwork tuesday and put the forms in so hopefully then it should be no longer than 6 weeks
We are making plans for our new house though,hubby wants an aviery at the bottom of the garden.I want a nice bird table.We are going to get a nice patio set for the garden,we love sitting outside on a summer's night.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:20 PM
You will get there in time wishing you best of luck xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:21 PM
aww bless you good luck with the packing
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Good luck, packing isn't a nice job!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2006, 10:02 PM
When we left Edinburgh for Orkney, we managed to get a fair bit of the packing done before the flat went on the market, but the last bit had to be done at very short notice: eventually, I got it done by myself, in 36 hours, without a break. The last bit of box tape was stuck on just as the removal lorry was being started up!

Snorri
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Snorri you cut it fine,i'll get there eventually,it's just getting motivated i suppose.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2006, 10:19 PM
It is hard Sal,we moved Christmas week last year,and it was hell.All the packing and unpacking all in the run up to christmas,with the kids all wanting to do the normal christmassy things.Although i have to say that most of the packing was left to my wife as christmas is a very busy period for us at work.Good luck with everything.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2006, 10:20 PM
I got virtually no notice from the buyer of when he wanted entry - then, what's worse, nine months AFTERWARDS , he went bankrupt and pulled out. My solicitor went ballistic at the Law Society, but it made no difference. I couldn't even get compensation, because the b*gg*r was broke!

Packing is bad. Packing in a rush is even worse. Getting shafted at the end of it all cannot be described politely.

As a result, I got less for my flat than I should have, because it had been sitting empty for too long. If I ever see the guy again, I'll injure him bigtime.

Snorri
fluffiesarecool
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2006, 01:21 AM
oo I would hate to leave my ideal home (