View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Mine also comes and shoves his head under your arm or between yeaort legs then leans on you for a hug
Jackpot
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
My Jasper is definitely not a cuddly dog! He's very patient and good mannered, but if I hug him he looks uncomfortable and hides under a chair the minute I let go if he thinks I'm likely to try it again. The closest he comes to affection is lying behind me (or as close as possible next to me when he sneaks up on the bed in the middle of the night, leaving me squished into the edge of the bed). He's the same with the cats, my tom cat used to love sleeping with him, but has been warned off it nowadays as Jasper doesn't like it. All the cats like to brush up against him when they come in from outside and the expression on Jasper's face as he backs away is pretty funny at times, hes just not a tactile dog.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
It varys with mine, Tassle ins very cuddly with me, and will sit next to me and rest her nose under my chin or we will even stin foreheads together on teh floor if she is feeling really low. (Happened alot while shehad her Back issues).

Siren is cuddly with me and very friendly to many others, butis often too OTT to stop and have 'proper' cuddles with her friends and gets into the jumping up and over excited screams (my fault for naming her Siren I know ).

Jazz likes fuss but not head to head cuddles, Trip is a bit to hard headed for that - she likes fuss but is more likely to bloody your nose - as is Gabe!)

I am alsways very careful with dogs not to force it on them - Siren was funny as she was a very inpedendent pup and never wanted cuddles - she could not sit still for them and they were never pushed on her - at the puppy class at the vets I never did 'pass th puppy' things as she just didn't like it. She will however - now sheis older - stand perfectly for a judge/vet to go over her....
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Loki has always been very cuddly until I got pregnant he would curl up on my lap every night but when I was pregnant he stopped doing this even before I knew I was pregnant, then after with Kara always on my lap he couldn't and now shes older he still only lies next to me and not on me I really miss it!
Kara is always cuddling Loki she puts her head on his side and says aww he is quite happy with this, if hes had enough for any reason he moves away but generally as long as he gets to be near his beloved Kara he doesn't care what she does!!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
I think there is a big difference between your own dog, who knows and trusts you, being happy to have close contact, and a stranger doing it, particularly if the dog has had bad experiences in the past. Yes, dogs who know each other will take all sorts of liberties with each other - but they won`t rush up to a strange dog and shove their head over its back unless they are looking for trouble.
The thread was about a visitor to the house hugging the dog, which the dog found intimidating.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Georgie adores cuddles from both of us, a will always seek out my attention wherever I am, but he was never like that when he first came to us, he didn't seem to want any affection, but he does now, and lots of it.

Zena on the other hand is very selective, and although she loves a cuddle from me she won't seek it out from me when I'm lounging around, whereas daddy, well, he gets the full works, she climbs onto him when he's lying on his recliner, puts her paws around his neck and kisses him to death, but she never does that with me Maybe she will later on in life, but for the moment, I seem to be just her who has to be obeyed, who plays the games, who walks them twice a day, feeds them, and does just about everything, but get no thanks for it, like daddy who does nothing for her except give her gentle strokes when she's lying next to him on the floor or when she gets on his bed. In the meantime, I'll have to stick with cuddling Georgie then, mind you she does get jealous when I cuddle Georgie and pushes her nose in!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Mine Demand attention & closeness, !!!!!
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Max loves hugs but I suspect he thinks he is human!! Quite soon after I got him he saw my OH cuddling up to me so the next day when OH wasn't about Max plonked himself next to me shoved one paw under my neck and placed the other over my shoulder and cuddled up!! Just like he had seen. He was so pleased with himself, now he does this all the time and demands his hugs every night.

Plus even though he is a DDB he still thinks he is a lap dog and will sit on my lap (somehow) at every opportunity, even on the little church hall chairs at training. One day the chair will break I am sure
tysonspall
New Member!
Male 

04-09-2009, 12:39 PM
all my dogs love a cuddle normaly all at the same time so i get jumped on by all 6 of them i woulndt have it any other way dogs love to interact with us by play and cuddles what would be the point if they where there just to look at and walk
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
My Dandy loves hugs, but only from his immediate family. Nobody else gets to touch him. Rio is part cat I'm sure, and likes hugs on her own terms. If you try to hug her when she's relaxing on the settee, she will get up and go elsewhere, and usually throw you a dirty look too.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >