Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Morning brenda, griff and Moyra.
brenda we are finding the local honey is helping he takes a piriton for back up. He is a lot better this year than previous years.
The piriton hadn't taken effect and he will only need one all day. We are increasing the dose of honey to.
That must be it you are still young. Gorden got hay fever at age 35.
griff hope your feeling ok today and not queasy after the beer. did you have beer ?
Dillon is struggling at night griff as it seems to get even hotter here.
Moyra no need to get a gift from Amber to Steve as you say he does as little as possible for you both.

We are finding the evenings are getting hotter than during the day we both love the sun on our bones but at night this really is a bit much to handle.
Just run through the slicker brush through Dillon not much undercoat but every bit out helps.

Terrible fires in Portugal yesterday they think dry thunderstorms the cause. So much trouble in the world at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2017, 07:20 AM
Morning Sue another youngster.

Gorden puts a hanky round his mouth and nose when mowing the grass.
He has helped me put up some curtains at the conservatory windows to block the sun out so is feeling human again.
Thank goodness.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Good morning all. Everyone seems to be up with the larks this morning as it's going to be a scorcher.
I've had a busy few days, hardly been home so need to catch up with a lot not least watering the young fruit trees and must put water out for the birds. I've just seen a jackdaw on the feeder.
Have to wait til the grass dries then will need to mow the lawns and hope I've got enough fuel in to last. I've got a phobia about filling petrol cans as I always spill some.

Lynn I'm suffering from lack of sleep but it's due to itchy arms and legs. I don't want to take anything until I clear it with my GP or pharmacist due to my other meds so last night before bed I had a cool shower and used dettol soap which seemed to work. I'm a magnet for being bitten and got stung by a bee on Thursday that was nestled up in a towel drying on the line.

Our bedroom gets hot but we've got a small mobile aircon unit in there which cools it right down. You can set the fan and temp. Only slight downside is the hose has to go out the window and it is a bit noisy. Elsewhere there's fans on for the dogs and blinds are down with windows open so just about manageable.
Keep cool everyone!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Morning Twix. That itching sounds uncomfortable Moyra is suffering similar.
Have you tried an antihistamine of any kind or would that still be something you would prefer not to try till you have spoken to your dr. ?
The portable air con unit sounds good we have similar but no hose you put cold water in a tank and frozen ice blocks.
They are all so noisy though aren't they ?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2017, 09:37 AM
Lovely morning here, already warm and put both of their umbrellas up after I had cleaned up whilst everyone was having breakfast. Citronella and lavender tea lights dotted about and after breakfast naps are being taken now.
Training later on, Alun's taking the class this week and I need to get a commitment from him as to when this job is going to happen. Have now got a Plan B which will start to tomorrow if he can't give me a definite answer. Son has already said he will help take the old kennel down if needs be, but hoping I can grab Nigel because he will take it away on the truck and burn it at the farm
Moyra you are going down the right road and you need to stop being nice. Any thoughts on the Road Trip at all
Griff, Norty Norty with that nasty beer
Lynn, hoping Dillon settles for you, we were all spark out last night here. I've been taking Loretadine from the doctor and a few odd sneezes here and there but works well
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Afternoon now. And too hot.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Lol...no sore head at all!! i blame the fact that it was hot and i needed a cold drink and the shop had cold beer Lol
i used to suffer with hayfever but touch wood have been o.k...i am sure i read somewhere that it goes in 7 year cycles but i deffo had it longer than 7 years
Hope the curtains help keep the heat out Lynn
TW, hope Alun gives you a definite timescale
Sue, have a good day, did your son get home o.k?
Twix, hopefully the Dr can give you something for the itching...would calamine lotion help?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Sue has suddenly got bad stomach ache and gone to bed, this is not normally my Sue. She had porridge this morning, something I hate , so might have been a bad batch. Best leave her try and sleep it off I have my instructions about Sunday dinner.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Can't see porridge causing an upset stomach, I would think something from yesterday.
Girls got cold bones for lunch, need to move their umbrellas slightly, having a butty and a brew then will get myself ready for training. Cooked chicken pieces and some cheese for treats in the fridge, have filled a bottle with water and that is in the fridge as well. Will sort the umbrellas when I bring Zen in
Glad you're OK Griff, you are Norty, I amsure they had cold soft drinks at the shop
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Afternoon June and Barry.

Barry is it possible Sue has a touch of sunstroke ? Wish her well soon please.
June hope training goes well and you get a definite answer about the job that needs doing.

Joel decided to cut short his fishing with friends yesterday and return back with Lauren to see Mark for Fathers day today.
So we had a cold drink and Gorden opened his cards and pressies a beer selection and a nice tankard with peanuts to.
We then took a stroll over the nature reserve they took their fishing rods for a bit of father and son fishing time.
We stayed for a while then left them to have some time together after all it's Marks day to.
Lauren is working today so she will pop in and see her dad who lives in Welwyn and Mark will drop Joel back to Harlow for 9pm.

Beseoker yes it is very hot. 24 indoors again do hope it cools down for this evening. Dillon was lovely and cool indoors two fans again in the living room and one in the kitchen which we have now moved into the conservatory.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >