Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 08:19 AM

Growth and raw.

My OH said to me last night "Pennie's not growing as fast as Lou did" and I didn't really have an answer for him, but remembered that when dogs are fed raw they grow at the proper growth rate rather than when on kibble... is that right?

Or is she just a slow grower?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2012, 09:55 AM
I do not think you can really compare their growth rates - they are not litter-mates, they are not full brother/sister, they are not the same sex, they are not fed on the same food from birth.

I know that my twin and I are fraternal, not identical, but we are the same sex and until we left home we were fed exactly the same food as each other. Neither of us did things like walking and talking at the same time as the other.

And neither of us grew in height or weight the same as the other.

Louie developed and grew as he did. And Pennie will develop as she does, as she is not a clone of him.

So stop worrying and just enjoy the pair of them for what they are - two different gorgeous wubbles!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I think your right Aimee, I'm sure iv heard when fed RAW pups will grow at a better rate than a pup fed commercial, especially puppy food (as apposed to adult food).
When I had Flint first, he was on wainwrights puppy food and seemed to grow quite fast, then when we had Simba he was strait onto adult and defiantly seemed to develop a lot slower, wether this is the reason for sure, I don't know, but thats what I believe.

I bet its lovely to watch little Pennie munching her way through her RAW, isn't it?