Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 09:46 PM

Bruce the Protector.....

How embarrassed have you been over your dog..........

We have Bruce the Protector here
Today has been hectic, Pat decided that we would do the rounds visiting his family, so it was going dusk by the time we took the dogs out (9ish)
We went to a local park, where Pat was chucking the ball for Skye and Bruce, and I was trying to reassure Reah that there is nothing about 'going dark' to be worried about. When all of a sudden a guy is approaching shouting at the top of his voice after two Staffies which are heading our way at full speed. A gorgeous brindle bitch and a very handsome red male.
Everything was going fine, me fussing them and they were lapping it up, when suddenly, the bitch decided that the ball was hers but at the same time the male growled at Skye................obviously not a good move by either dog, first Bruce snatched his ball back and chased the bitch off, then at the sound of growling towards Skye (who was now pinning herself to the ground in submission) he waded in, not satisfied with that he chased the pair of them off over the park with all his hackles up. They did come back, but they left ours alone after that, I felt very embarrassed, the guy was laughing and told me that both his Staffies are frightened of BC's.....................Bruce was reprimanded, Pat says he is the protector of Skye............which he seems to be, but so naughty
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 11:06 PM
I wont go into what was the most embarrassing moment with mine - as I'm too embarressed

Doubt Bruce had his bedtime treat tonight !
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Trixybird View Post
I wont go into what was the most embarrassing moment with mine - as I'm too embarressed

Doubt Bruce had his bedtime treat tonight !
No treats .............. and he knows he did wrong too, I can tell by the way he keeps trying to slide up to me
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Brilliant....... but cringingly embarrassing
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 07:40 AM
lol leave him alone mom ,he is just a pup looking after his sisters . i have many moments with mine
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 07:58 AM
The most embarrasing thing Flynn has done was when he was a little pup and we took him on the local park. There was an asian family sitting on a bench and as we walked past, one of them made a clucking sound towards Flynn. He obliged and went over to say hello but jumped up and got dirty paw prints on the lady's white saree.

I was mortified and apologised before quickly making my escape! I consoled myself with the notion that she shouldnt have enticed him over if she didnt want an excitable little pup jumping on her...Maybe not the right attitude though!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 08:14 AM
After it happened... I walked away thinking of Kingbenny's post 'Devil dogs'.....errrrrrrrrr may that should be changed to 'Devil BC'

Going to Sutton park today with Tracey and Dean (queenwillow) Bruce has been spoken to with regards his manners.