Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:18 PM

Sore teeth?

I gave Jin a chicken wing today and she took FOREVER stripping all the chicken..... she usually just eats it. Then she was trying to eat the bone but avoiding using her back teeth...... I took it off her in the end.

Do you think her back teeth are sore? She has her adult front teeth but puppy canines and molars.... perhaps she has wobbily/sore teeth (teething) ?

What do you think?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Probably but IME hunger normally overcomes discomfort, and I use the RMBs to remove the puppy teeth efficiently.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Last time she had a RMB was Monday evening, so not that long ago.... perhaps they are just giving her jip tonight.... and she wont be overwhelmingly hungry as she ate her veg first before I gave her the wing and then she ate all the meat off it..... so she wouldnt have been that hungry by the time she got to the bone!

I am going to give her an egg and shell in the morning to make up for the calcium she missed out on and then offer her another on Friday and see what happens.

She had been wanting things in her mouth a lot the last few days!
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2011, 08:44 PM
or puppy teething, i remember that - not so fondly