Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 05:09 PM

Just bought a muzzle

Well, Ruby caught another of our cats this morning, thankfully no harm done other than my nerves being shattered

This drove me to go to the pet shop today and buy a muzzle, i havent tried it yet but will give it a go later tonight. Just hope it fits as i was told they dont make them for Shar pei's so i have a rottie one!

Have never used one before so should be interesting.

Wish me luck
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Wishing you luck, hope it goes alright and fits
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Good luck - what a nightmare
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Hope it goes well, good luck.
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Awww poor little mite, will she have to have this on permanently whilst indoors then? I know you've got to find a cure and I hope it works, even if it's only to teach her to leave the cats alone, but it seems a bit drastic to me, but I know you've tried everything and must be at your wit's end. Anything's gotta be better than rehoming her though, so I hope it works, and I also hope it fits! Is it a nice soft one, or one of those horrible plastic baskets??
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks all, have spoken to OH and as he has this weekend off we are going to leave it untill then, so we will both be here instead of me struggling on my own and Ruby's season will have come to an end (hooray!!)

If it takes up the whole weekend, then so be it, OH has been warned not to make any plans

I am now looking at it like a big challenge, so if nothing works i will feel a complete failure but i have to try

If it does work out i will be very proud of myself and very probably unbearable

You have been warned!!!!!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awww poor little mite, will she have to have this on permanently whilst indoors then? I know you've got to find a cure and I hope it works, even if it's only to teach her to leave the cats alone, but it seems a bit drastic to me, but I know you've tried everything and must be at your wit's end. Anything's gotta be better than rehoming her though, so I hope it works, and I also hope it fits! Is it a nice soft one, or one of those horrible plastic baskets??
We wont keep it on her all the time, that just wouldnt be fair, i dont like them at all myself but we just want to use it to get them up close to each other without any bloodshed, maybe then she will see they are not toys to be dragged around and yes, its one of those horrible plastic basket ones as they are the only ones that fit her hippo face

We might not like the idea of her having to wear it but i dont like the idea of finding one of my cats dead even more!!! Its not like i'm beating her with a stick
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Sorry to hear it isn't getting better

Here are some links that might be helpful, they are mostly meant fo r greyhounds, but if you can turn around a greyhound to co exist with a cat peacefully, it may give you some help. My Mack is getting much better with the cat, but he has never been aggressive towards her, just too bouncy and over the top. Thank goodness for dog gates

http://www.petgreyhounds.info/cats.htm

http://www.grwe.co.uk/care.htm
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I quite understand, your situation calls for drastic action imo! I hope this might be the answer for you both!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Good luck

yes, its one of those horrible plastic basket ones as they are the only ones that fit her hippo face
They are not so bad when the dog gets used to them. We have one for Star when she has to have treatment done at the vet as she hates going. I prefer the basket ones as they can still pant without their mouths being restricted.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >