Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 05:37 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Monday.

Again. These Mondays keep coming round quick.

I hope everyone is well and had a good weekend.
It feels a bit chilly outside today but is dry . I do believe though we may be in for changeable weather this week wet and windy.

Gorden and I sat and worked out the questions re: the driveway at the cottage and the sewerege tank that we wanted to ask via email and sent them over to our solicitor last night so he had them first thing this morning and now we wait for the answers and hope they are satisfactory.

Pat I hope Mart has had another good night and is improving still and is not suffering any or too much discomfort.
Sally I keep missing you in the evenings I hope you are well is it this week you go to the lakes ?
Linda I hope Loki had a fit free night again.
Lynne I hope the back is feeling better today.
Helena I hope you and Dave enjoyed your weekend.
June hope Keshi had a good night left no nasty cow pats and doesn't leave any today.

I'm off to do Gorden's breakfast and lunch. See you all in a bit.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Had a really busy week-end with Dave. We stripped out that bathroom, the loo is now sitting in the shower, cos he couldn't get all the layers of lino up without removing it. Turned out there were no less than 3 layers of lino in there
and when the frenchman flooded the shower, of course, the water got underneath each layer, BUT, the good news is, the floor is perfect, no damp, dry as a bone, so next week-end, he will re-lino it and put a new collar around the pipe and put the loo back in, and hopefully, all should be good in there then.

Zena had a fab time at the beach yesterday, and now her coat is all luffly and fluffy, we were down there ages, but managed to finally tire her out, but it does take a while with Zena.

Meanwhile, I stripped out the whole van, I even brought all the plastic blinds home and I washed all those yesterday by hanging them up on the top wall and using a hand brush, lots of flash and a hose, they've all come up like new. Soooo much washing from there though, I must have done 10 loads of it, cos I want to pack it all away for the winter.

My week ended with yet another disaster I got a phone call Saturday night from the guests in van 2 who said the fire wouldn't light so I had to go up there. Turns out the thermocoupler might have gone, I couldn't get it to stay alight myself, so it's a plumber's job today hopefully, I've already mailed him to book it in.

Dave's gone back to work although he'll probably enjoy the rest cos we sure have been busy the pair of us. He's taken my car cos he can't find anything wrong with those brakes and says it's the new pads which are faulty, cos he does remember the rep saying they had a batch of "noisy" ones once, so he's guessing mine managed to slip through. He's going to change them again and is confident it will cure it.

Don't have a clue what's been going on with everybody cos I never got to come on the puter at all yesterday except to read mail, but I do hope little Keshi is getting over her sickness June.Sally, have a good trip and will be thinking of you this week.xxx

Enjoy your day everyone, I'm off to get that haircut at long last, then I'm back up to the van to bring home some more stuff to sort out or clean.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Morning all. I am up early to do a bit of work before Mart gets up. Thought I'd post a piccie of Munch (my sis and her family had some studio pics done and they took the dog along too!)

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Morning Pat, and awwwww at Munch there Hope Martin's doing well, and painfree. I will go and catchup on what's been going on with him, but glad to hear he's now back home recovering. Don't they get rid of them quickly nowadays though, especially after such a major op he had, but I expect he's got lots of physio to go through. Anyway, I hope he's doing well and out of that awful pain.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 06:27 AM
Morning Helena. Goodness that was a busy weekend plenty of nanny naps in order this week.
Morning Pat lovely photo of Munch.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

I couldn't believe it when my alarm went off as it felt as though I'd only been in bed for an hour or so I have the dentist at 11 for root canal on that crown I lost ..... I'm just hoping that the root will be OK for another crown ... if not it'll have to come out.

Lynn - I hope you get those last few questions answered quickly so 'exchange' can go ahead.
Helena - What a weekend you had Hopefully you'll get some sun today so that you can get some of that van washing done. At least you can work at your own pace now that Dave has gone back.
Pat - Aw what a gorgeous photo of Munch but I am surprised that there was a white background .... he's almost disappeared. I hope Martin continues to improve today.

Off to make my son some breakfast. Back soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning jenny. Hope the dentist goes well.
We hope the answers come quickly too and in our favour.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Morning Lynn, H, Pat and all

That is a lovely picture of Munch!

We have had a lot of drama here, our electricity went out early hours of Friday and was replaced with a giant, noisy generator. They came back yesterday to repair the supply and managed to fry half of our equipment in the house, things were smoking and popping, I wasn't home at the time and just walked into the aftermath.

My brand new router and forwarder are fried, as is my printer which I had planned on using today. Two freezers and fridge and hand held phone system the caravan has problems too. It was lucky I kept my old router or would have no internet either.

I hope you all have a good day today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Morning Gerri. I hope they are going to compensate you for all the damage the generator caused.
I take it the company who supply your electric supplied the generator ?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning all

Loving the piccie of Munch there, what a pretty little thing

Helena, my goodness, you are as busy as me!

Lynn, sounds like you are getting there slowly

Exam day has arrived. Boy are the butterflies going mad. Still can't remember ANY names, or what their argument was, but hey ho, give it a go.

After the exam I'm picking up a headset with a microphone because I need one for the Why Is Religion Controversial? course apparently. Then home and hopefully get the ironing done and dusted.

I'm off up the street before anything else though, I need to put money into my bank so I can pay my ruddy car tax, it was due last Thursday but I didn't have enough money to be able to pay it. Thankfully Brian has fixed a couple of computers and now we do. So bank, then back and order it online. That way if I get stopped at least I can say I'm waiting on the disc arriving.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »