Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Afternoon everyone

June, poor little Keshi, but at least you got a bit of a tail wag this morning. Could she have scoffed something she shouldn't ought to have scoffed? What about the worming, is she up to date with that cos I know you use Panacur? Let's hope it's just a 48 hour thing and she'll be bouncing around again tomorrow. Poor little girlie in a state like that with her coat all staring and covered in shavings Give her a big, gentle hug from us please.xxx

Linda, although I'm very sorry to hear about Loki having a couple more fits, you did make me laugh the way he pounced on a leaf today, I can just imagine that, he's such a brave soldier isn't he that boy of yours.

Moyra, that's worrying about your card. That happened to me and they told me it was a site where I had used both my cards (cos 2 had been used!) that had been hacked into and nothing to do with what I myself had done. Good job they refused that big purchase

Pat, but I like hearing all about YOU, it makes my day when you cheer me up or make me laugh, but for the moment, I'm happy with these good updates about Martin, especially the fact that he can go home tomorrow. I hope he's going to be comfortable in the car for the journey and I hope the pain meds take over from the morphine and he remains pain free. S*d work Pat, this is major, work can wait, you need your nurse's uniform out.

Jen, don't feel too down about that frame, it's probably not going to be forever is it, and it'll give you heaps of confidence, and whilst I like the idea of Lynn blinging it up for you, if you don't feel happy with it, then leave it grey!xxxx

Hi Dyanne, ooooooh that looks good, I might get myself one of those for future deliveries. I never knew they did something like this. Thanks for the link there.

Hi Elaine, Jenny, Malka, Harvey and anyone else I missed, but it's that time of day now, my brain is all slowing down.

Just been on a 2nd walk and although we met a few dogs, I kept Zena out of the way and chatted with the people and all was nice and calm. She got filthy, we came back through a lovely, leafy, muddy secluded part of the woods and she loved it!

Dave sent me a very strange e-mail first thing this morning, I thought it was going to be one of those "dear John" letters, but turns out he was just feeling sorry for himself and needed a bit of security that I still love him, how sweet is that? I think he's after something this week-end but he's gonna be out of luck lol!

Did the Asda run and couldn't decide again about the giant cupcakes, do I get the butterfly maderia and jam, with loads of topping, OR, do I get the choklit one which I adore but Dave doesn't like, hmmmm, couldn't decide, so I decided on both, but then the dates are the 14th October so I can use portion control tactics on that chocolate one when Dave and I have polished off the butterfly one - sorted!

Booked my haircut for Monday (the one I never got to last week, except for the day when it wasn't booked for). Then I've booked my lovely osteopath chap for next Friday to sort my legs out cos they don't work anymore, they feel like lead weights and I've got lots of pain around the hips when I walk. I feel like I've jumped off a tall building and crunched everything up, but he stretches me out and massages me so hopefully, I will come out of there with a new pair of legs. I blame all these friggin hills I have to walk up

Zena seems fine, her tongue isn't bleeding.

Pop in later after my JK fix and nanny nap.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Afternoon Malka hope you got across to the Macolet.
Afternoon Elaine and Gill and Harvey and Joedee.

Been back to the vets with the claim form plus a letter attached and I have had a phone call in response to my email saying it has been passed onto the claims dept.,
Loads of documents to peruse and sign re: the house and Tom and Lisa's solicitor is ready to exchange next week if we are. Got to get Gorden to go through the documents with a fine tooth comb quasi this and quasi that sned my brain to mush.
Having a breather then doing some housework.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Afternoon Helena awww poor Dave.
Glad Zena's tongue is ok.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Afternoon
Oh sick people and doggies!! Good to hear Mart is doing well ((hugs)) to all who need them.Hope you're having a good day Be back later....am a very busy and important person
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 12:48 PM
She's a bit better in herself now, more tummy meds syringed down her. Off over near my vets anyway today, so rung them and they're sorting me out some kaolin paste.
They're all up to date on worming Helena. They were all done when I mated Mabs which is coming up to 4 weeks.
She must have picked something up and eaten it I know. But can't work this one out, because she's not really been anywhere different with her being in season, so it is the same 2 places she is going, and with the weather going bad when i got home yesterday they didn't go out, so it has to be from Wednesday somehow.
She does look a real poverty case at the moment, just hope the Cruelty don't come round was sat stroking her and when I stopped she nudged me to carry on, so the real Keshi is in there.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Afternoon Mrs V.I.P..
Awww poor Keshi June. I have a large BMD with his head draped on my lap nudging me making typing very difficult.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Oh TW bless her she is a little (or perhaps not so little) sweetheart. sounds as though she may be feeling a bit better bless her. I do hope she soon picks up and whatever it is it doesn't affect the others. You say it is 4 weeks since Mabs was mated what is full term for puppies? It is so long since my first Labrador who was a naughty girl and got pregnant when she should not have done I have forgotten. Is it about 9 or 10 weeks? doesn't seem long enough somehow.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 01:42 PM
Afternoon all,
My hospital appointment went well and I've escaped having to have the bridge of my nose drilled out to clear my sinuses I went to get results of my scan. I had another x-ray today, camera up the nose and finally what looked like a bit of wire. The great news is that my left sinus can drain albeit very slowly (she proved this with the wire). So I'm to stay on the steroid nasal spray for life but hey ho, that not a problem at all and apparently the steroid isn't absorbed into my blood stream.

June - My poor Keshi . Hopefully by tomorrow she'll have bounced back to her normal self. You don't reckon she'd stole one of Mabs' bones that had been hidden for a while? Evererything crossed that whatever she's had doesn't pass on to the other girls.
Pat - I thought you'd probably sleep well last night - you clearly needed it. You'll feel EVEN happier once Mart is out of hospital and coping OK. I hope you get some time while you are here to get some more shopping as well as your new laptop Fingers crossed that Mart copes well with just tablet pain relief. Early days yet but it sounds as though he is quite positive.
Moyra - Isn't it awful how our so called 'safe-shopping' on line is far from it with these cards of ours Just as well it came to light though but what a pain and inconvenience having to wait for a new one.
Nippy - A 'walker/frame' doesn't have to be for ever and you will feel so much more mobile with it and will walk in a far better and more natural way (better for your muscles) which will stop you aching in other places from walking in an odd way. Also more importantly it'll stop you falling. My son brought one home for me when I couldn't stand upright a few years ago when I had a prolapsed disc. I used it for about a month and it made such a difference. So if you need on get one .... it doesn't have to be forever (((hugs))).
Helena - That wretched collie you encountered on your walk. I just wish that people who can't control their dogs would keep them on a lead. Hope Zena's tongue is OK.
L.S. - So sorry to hear about Loki having more fits during the night. Thank goodness she does seem to bounce back pretty well from them though. I think you'll have to let Carys go to her school disco - I'm sure there will be so many adults there to supervise and I'm sure you'll be there ready to collect her before it ends anyway. The first school disco my son went to he came out and said it was 'rubbish'.
Lynn - Yes, it's always nice when our eldest pops in, providing its not because he needs me to make something while he waits, but last night he came without any suspicious bags I know you haven't actually got a date yet, but when do you think/hope it will be?
Joedee - That Hippo Box looks great and nice and big. We could do with one of those ..... thanks for the link although I know it wasn't put up for me.
Gellygoo - Well done with your daughter's car insurance. My son opened a letter from Direct Line last night thinking it would be his renewal .... no ... it was his his Certificate. They had gone ahead and renewed it even though he hadn't received a quote. £200 more than last year and he has a clean licence so its just another think that needs sorting and not something I can sort as I don't sound like a male Last year he went on line and put all his details in as a new customer and got a quote nearly £300 less than his written quote.
Hi to Mini, Malka and Harvey.
Lacey - Or should I say your Highness ... anyway hello to you 'the very important person that you are' ... see you later.

One minute its pouring with rain, the next the sun is out I gave up and brought my washing inside.

Off to walk the dogs now, but will see you later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
I had a problem with my card a few years ago but the bank stopped it before any harm was done. I went to get some new windscreen wipers but didn't have enough cash so payed by card. The bank denied my card, when I rang them they said it was denied because it was out of character for me to use a card for such a small amount. Apparently this is what card thieves do test the card for a small amount before going the whole hog. HSBC, on the ball or what?

I still haven't made my mind up to the frame yet. I feel such a fool really. We have been to Paignton today and I really struggled to get around.
I kept seeing ladies with frames but they were really, really old ladies not young 65 year olds like wot I am
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Jenny, the rollators rather than the walking frame are so easy. They have the four wheels with brakes and the seat with basket or container under the seat for shopping and you can adjust the height so that you can walk upright. I use mine ( I am 68 ) to walk Amber when it is dry I do not use it when it is wet because I do not want wheel marks on my carpets. I walk Amber and then sit down on the green and throw a ball for her to get more exercise it works well.
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »