Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is OK.

Although it was a good start, the kids did really well. We all got a goodie bag, the kids were directing the service vehicles and stopping spectators trying to go up there. Unfortunately the tragic news came through that someone was killed on the first stage. Bless the kids, they kept working, trying to get everyone out safely and stop more spectators getting up into the area. They did an amazing job and I was proud of all of them.

Got home about half an hour ago, going to have a nap before starting dinner. Mind you need to go get something for dinner first.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Malka
Intrigued now SECRET WEAPON??????
Bet your LEATHAL with it
Come on spill the beans !!!!!!
Tin hat on awaiting impact
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-02-2013, 05:10 PM
I read about that tragic news Lorraine Snowman Rally and immediately thought about you and your kids.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I couldn't settle this morning so at lunch time I chucked Lily in the car and we headed off and had a short walk, then we went to my mums as Lily hasn't been for a while and she likes it there as she always gets a custard cream. .
We left there and went up to my sisters stables and I nattered to her while Lily had a good sniff round.
Now we are home and I feel much better for getting out and it done Lily good to go somewhere different for a change.
We are out tomorrow morning for a greyhound walk so that will be nice too.
I've just seen on the weather its going to get cold again by midweek and snow at the end of the week, so must make the most of this weekend while its nice.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Thankfully Malka we weren't anywhere near it. But I spoke to a guy who saw it. Said it was a tragic accident, they were well off the track, there was nothing the driver could have done.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Afternoon,

JackBox - Could Millie be having a phantom pregnancy?
No Jenny she has been spayed, not sure what or why she is acting this way, hopefully she will settle soon.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:01 PM
No time to read 4 pages of posts. Just glad to hear you enjoyed a walk today Madmare. And Malka - I seem to have a missed Skype call from you? Sorry about that - the laptop, tablet and phone are always on and I am usually shown 'online' but not always by any of them. I've started packing my stuff up in earnest now and it's the busiest month of the year for me re my work (Mothers Day and Easter looming).

But I did start my day off with a lovely long walk in the sunshine up in Aliki Park above the Salt Lake where you can see the lake, the mountains and even the control tower at the airport in 3 different directions. Never known Cyprus to be so lush and green before. Will try to get pics off my phone.

When I got back I had my next door neighbour at my door in floods of tears. I am taking her and her hubby to the airport on Weds for a return to UK as her aged father is very ill. Well he died today before she could get there. She will at least be a comfort for her mum.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
Hello is it afternoon already? The way my brains going recently I think I might start a going gaga club, Malka and Nippy can be honorary members!

I've been driving myself potty as I wanted to go to Costco early today but I couldn't find my card or debit card. Spent from 7-1am last night looking indoors for them, no sign, hunted in the car, no sign. It's unbelievable that I've spent the last week de cluttering and then something is so hard to find!

I would've had to cancel the trip anyway as one of my dogs started drinking and weeing a lot, then one of her eyes looked droopy so I was given the option to get down the vets ASAP. As I got into the car park there was a very upset lady cuddling her GSD in the back of the car which had just been PTS. Poor dog, I've been there many times and it doesn't get any easier and when we got called in by the vet I burst into tears and couldn't tell her what was wrong with my dog! Seeing that poor dog got me going and I didn't even know the dog or owner! A infection was diagnosed and we came home with ABs and I will monitor her.

I went to the outhouse where the freezer is to get a chicken out and in a cool bag were my Costco cards, how lucky is that, moral of the story if you put something somewhere 'safe' you better have a good memory!!

I think I need a nanny nap now to recover from the day so far.

Hope you all enjoy your Saturday folks.
Hi again twix, apologies for my quick exit lunchtime before answering you but I didn't want to set this house on fire after all the effort Dave has put in of late!

Sorry to hear of that awful experience at the vets this morning, I would have been the same, I always am when I just know somebody is there with their poor old dog for the last fateful visit, it sets me off. Hope your own dog will be fine now with the ab's.

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Afternoon,

Chris - I hope your ankle is less painful and you are managing to rest it as much as possible. Remember to elevate it whenever you sit down. Nagging pain is so draining I've had nagging toothache for a couple of months and I have only just plucked up enough courage to go to the dentist next week.

LynnB - Poor you having your OH with man flu, that will be exhausting for you just hearing all about it from him. I hope you make him sleep in a different room so that at least you get some sleep.

Nippy - I constantly worry about my sons - I think its only natural and to be honest they have never given me reason to worry, I just do.

Malka and Nippy - Now, now, no arguing over age or brain power. I think you need to be kept separate today as we don't want any fighting. Also Malka, now that Nippy is armed with her new Black&Decker steamer you may get a severe 'steaming' if you get too close.

June - Can't you phone them to say thanks for the email and photos and you just wondered how she was getting on and it they have any questions to phone you. I'm sure they wouldn't mind a phone call like that ...... hardly imposing on them.

Mini - Hi.

JackBox - Could Millie be having a phantom pregnancy?

Twix - how upsetting for you witnessing that poor owner with her dead dog. I too would have been deeply upset at seeing that poor owner knowing how her/his life has just been turned upside down. Hopefully the abs will sort you dog out.

Helena - Oh no, not your back Such a bad movement for it humping carpet out of your car and into the tip. I have to be so careful with mine having damaged it initially in a riding accident years ago and then spending 5 hours trimming our hedges a few years ago using hedge-trimmers and having my arms outstretched for so long - I was a fool and my goodness I paid for it Maybe you'll actually sit down, have a rest and stop being superwoman!! ((hugs)).

My dogs had a lovely walk this morning - but I didn't They were like little trains pulling a lot of the time which I find totally unacceptable but they clearly didn't. I think the deer are back and they were just trying to follow their scent.
I've just put a casserole on for this evening - pork belly and black-eyed beans. Sounds dreadful but it does taste lovely ............ not slimming food though

Off to take the dogs out for another walk shortly when I hope they behave better so that I can enjoy it too.
See you all later.
Hi again Jen, Yes, I expect I'm the same with my back problems not to mention Sally's, it's all due to being chucked off at some point (numerous points in my case!) always landing on that coxics hasn't done it any favours. I also blame my aching legs on that horse too, constantly cantering around the countryside, backside out of saddle leaning forward but looking ahead, yes, he sure has a lot to answer for that horse of mine!

Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi wasnt sure if I should have read your post, being new but found it very warm.It is so difficult to make friends when you have just moved,and my O/H family is 5 hours drive away.We live in avery rural area and the area has only just got itself a decent broadband, which has now allowed us to use the internet crystalgirl
Hi crystalgirl, We're always pleased to get a new member joining in, and as Tawneywolf says, mostly it's because we're a nosey bunch and like to know what everyone else is up to, so please feel free to spill! You are always welcome along with everyone else who likes to chip in here.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Goodness Me Crystal Girl, this is the Daily Thread, how on earth can we keep up if we don't READ and then reply none of us would know what the others are doing, and we can't be having that because we're all dead nosey
Took Cariad for her check up, it was Gordon (the puppy vet) who did her op and he said it was all absolutely fine and she had been a model patient, as he said that he got the thermometer out, and she glared at him and sat down firmly on her bum!!!!Eventually she lay down, so Gordon (who is not a small person by any means) is virtually lay down on the floor with her taking her temperature so she has the all clear and is back next Saturday for stitches out. I said to him I was thinking of getting a motorhome and living in their car park (may borrow Dave's if he gets one ) because I am in there with Ash, and will take Keshi along for the ride, on Monday, and he said only got next Saturday to go, not worth the money
Been to the butchers for the girlies and got their mince, chicken wings and he gave me 2 packs of drumsticks a bit cheaper as well, so they're sorted for the week now. Me, I'm still shopping in Asda Casualty Department
I hurt my back in a riding accident Jenny, and I would imagine Helena more than likely did, we should start a club, these horses have a lot to answer for
Hi again June, that's great news that Cariad has another clean bill of health there, she sure has been through a lot lately hasn't she, and I'm sure she too will be glad when everything is back to normal, especially her daily walks. Lol at you, I always think of you now when I'm in Asda rummaging about in that casualty department!!!

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I am now extremely embarrassed 'cos I broke my neck and back in an ice-cream wrapper accident, not a riding one. Ackshully I never fell off an 'orse 'cos I never rode one 'cos I'se scared sh!ddless of 'orses.
Blooming 'eck grandma you broke your neck????!!! AAAnd your back on an ice cream wrapper!!!! I hope you got to eat the ice cream before your demise You must really, really suffer after that trauma I'm sure.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Hi guys,

Hope everyone is OK.

Although it was a good start, the kids did really well. We all got a goodie bag, the kids were directing the service vehicles and stopping spectators trying to go up there. Unfortunately the tragic news came through that someone was killed on the first stage. Bless the kids, they kept working, trying to get everyone out safely and stop more spectators getting up into the area. They did an amazing job and I was proud of all of them.

Got home about half an hour ago, going to have a nap before starting dinner. Mind you need to go get something for dinner first.
Hi Lorraine, how terrible, especially with all the kids there Enjoy your well earned nap, you don't get many of those do you.

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I couldn't settle this morning so at lunch time I chucked Lily in the car and we headed off and had a short walk, then we went to my mums as Lily hasn't been for a while and she likes it there as she always gets a custard cream. .
We left there and went up to my sisters stables and I nattered to her while Lily had a good sniff round.
Now we are home and I feel much better for getting out and it done Lily good to go somewhere different for a change.
We are out tomorrow morning for a greyhound walk so that will be nice too.
I've just seen on the weather its going to get cold again by midweek and snow at the end of the week, so must make the most of this weekend while its nice.
Hi Bev, so pleased to hear your mum and sister managed to pick you back up again today, and I'm sure it did Lily a lot of good too. Have a lovely time on that greyhound walk tomorrow and enjoy the sunshine.

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
No Jenny she has been spayed, not sure what or why she is acting this way, hopefully she will settle soon.
Hi again Jackie, did you check her ears?? I hope she's settled now anyway, good luck with her.

Had the most beautiful sunset tonight, I took some pics of the pink sky over the woodland and will post it up later.

I was sooooo busy this morning dashing about, didn't eat till late in the end, and when I eventually had my lay down the bluddy phone went and woke me up so I got up!! Estate agents for Dave Just the saturday girl getting bored and told to ring round everyone to pester them

Might see what's on Box Office tonight, fancy an evening in the chair watching a film. This puter chair isn't doing my legs any good, they ache a lot more when I'm sat here, but that's cos I probably slouch over instead of sitting upright They didn't work too well down on the beach this morning, and then next minute, all is fine I really don't understand it. They feel like concrete, lead weights and they really ache. I had this before, but my lovely osteopath woman used to massage my backside really hard and when she'd finished voila, my legs worked again! All very odd, I must try and find a good local one and maybe she can do the same, but I'm worried if I tell her about the buttock massage I used to have, she might get the wrong first impression of me!!!!!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

16-02-2013, 06:22 PM
It was not my ice-cream wrapper Nechda -- a delightful child had left it at the top of a flight of stone steps down from my apartment to the ground floor and the blanketty blank woman who took money monthly for such things could not be @rsed to get the dead landing light replaced...

...so I adda naccident and let this be a warning to you all...

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

16-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Yes H , her ears are fine xx
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »