View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 11:16 AM

Help with dog not eating properly please?

Hi all,

I rescued a 4 year old staffie on sunday and they told me that she eats dog meat on its own. They gave me some. Its called webbox chubb, it looks like a big sausage. She doesn`t have any mixer in it, just the meat. Apparently thats the only meat that she will eat. Ive tried her on a chicken and rice complete dry food and she wouldn`t touch it. Yesterday i brought some pedigree complete but i got her beef and veg and so far she wont touch that either. Has anyone got any ideas? Ideally i`d rather she was having dry food, but if she would rather have meat i dont mind giving her it, its just ive never heard of any dog eat meat without a mixer. She wont chew bones either, but she will eat pigs ears. Her teeth are fine as she was checked over by the vet yesterday.

Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
I don't know the product but doubt it is just meat, it may well be complete, anyway if the dog is fit and has only ever eaten that food it may be easier all round to stick to it.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 12:11 PM
If you only rescued her Sunday then I suspect she is still nervous, give it time i'm sure she'll come around!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 12:25 PM
I know the product, my dad used to feed it to the sheepdogs but he always mixed it with a dry food.
I honestly never thought there was much nutritional value in it tbh, but if it's what she is used to could you mix a little dry food with it, introducing more dry than webbox slowly over time. Not much help I guess, sorry.
Good luck.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I'd give it some time before trying to change anything. She'll be finding so much strange at the moment. Give it about a month and then try a gradual change. Good luck, and bless you for rescuing xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 12:29 PM
My recollection of the Webbox Chubbs is that they are mainly water & are very poor quality food for dogs

If you really want to change your dog's eating habits, it isn't an overnight thing.

It should be done gradually & mix the intended new food in with the existing food & reduce the old food to ensure the dog isn't over fed. Gradual increasing the new & decreasing the old foods

Have you tried her with raw chicken wings instead of the pigs ears as there is more nutrition in them ?
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
My recollection of the Webbox Chubbs is that they are mainly water & are very poor quality food for dogs

If you really want to change your dog's eating habits, it isn't an overnight thing.

It should be done gradually & mix the intended new food in with the existing food & reduce the old food to ensure the dog isn't over fed. Gradual increasing the new & decreasing the old foods

Have you tried her with raw chicken wings instead of the pigs ears as there is more nutrition in them ?
To be honest with you i didnt know dogs could eat raw chicken wings. Thanks everyone for the advice. Skjerstad im with you i dont think there is much nutrition in it either. Thanks everyone