Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:57 PM

Early Hours Barking

So Meg has been barking from around 2am,disturbing us.

I think this has continued on from when we had a disturbance outside in the street a few weeks back and from the cat that kept coming over.

She isn't really a vocal dog but does bark when something isn't quite right or she hears something.This bark is also a warning sort of bark,she has dfferent ones.

Now it's possible she is hearing something during the night,we have a fair few idiots out and about and boy racers,mainly at the weekends.
Hubby always gets up,looks out the window and goes and tells her to shut up,which she does and settles back down,but sometimes she will go off again.
Other than going downstairs and telling her to shut up there seems to be very little I can do,it also seems to be during the summer months she barks during the night,very rare she will bark during the winter.

Any thoughts ?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 09:09 PM
I do have a question...urm...what have I missed...who's Meg?

Don't have any suggestions, sorry..it's not an issue I've had with Dougal at all ever...
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
Cats or foxes. We have a summer barker not really a lot you can other than try different rooms that may be away from what ever it is that is disturbing her.

edited to add if someone has security lights cats or foxes or other nocturnal may be turning the light on and also disturbing her
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
I leave the radio on to drown out the noise of foxes otherwise I have a barker too.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Can she be restricted to a room at the back of the house (or the front if it's the back that's the problem)?

We have a light at the front that comes on when someone walks past but we've had to switch it off as it was setting off Enzo.

But at least they all finally seem to be ignoring all the fox and cat screeching that would set them off when we first had the windows open at the start of the summer!

J.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 08:18 AM
We shut Cain in the kitchen which is at the back if the house and therefore darkest and quietest. We also use a radio to drown out other noises and ignore his barking. He soon stopped
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks all,
Might try moving her crate into the lounge and see what happens.