Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:31 PM

Another major set back

After two months on zero income and many job applications, I had a call yesterday about a six month contract near to where I live. The interview was arranged for yesterday afternoon and I went. I thought it went very well, so much so that I assumed I would be starting on Monday as discussed, the job I can do with one hand tied behind my back, the money is fine, they are apparently desparate for someone who can start quickly.
But they don't want me.
No reason, I can't understand it.
If I can't get a temp job in the middle of nowhere with no public transport doing something I have done on and off for over 30 years for a company where i thought we gelled and they are desparate for help...... then I'll never get a job again.
I'm logging off now. Can't afford the phone bill any more.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
After two months on zero income and many job applications, I had a call yesterday about a six month contract near to where I live. The interview was arranged for yesterday afternoon and I went. I thought it went very well, so much so that I assumed I would be starting on Monday as discussed, the job I can do with one hand tied behind my back, the money is fine, they are apparently desparate for someone who can start quickly.
But they don't want me.
No reason, I can't understand it.
If I can't get a temp job in the middle of nowhere with no public transport doing something I have done on and off for over 30 years for a company where i thought we gelled and they are desparate for help...... then I'll never get a job again.
I'm logging off now. Can't afford the phone bill any more.
can't you get on-line with satelite communication systems ? a friend of mine stays in the country near a large MOD transmitter, he get's broadband from up above !
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Don't worry Gill it must not have been the job for you. Something will crop up soon.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Ah big hugs hunni , i truly hope the job offers start flooding in soon xxdk
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-06-2007, 03:29 PM
So sorry Gill, comforting hugs and I am sure the right job will turn up soon as I said to Sheree wish I had a magic wand that I could wave at all those prospective employers would let you both have a decent job. You are both so capable and have all the experience and I Can understand thai it must be very frustrating for you both.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Gill, I totally understand how frustrating it is when you want/need to work and don't, for no apparent reason, get the job, (even one thats not necessarily using all your skills).

I also know how daunting it is to not have any money, I drove to my interview with my petrol light on, it was still on today until my dad had paid some money into my account, we are living hand to mouth here too (and I daren't tell my parents just how bad it is), which makes it even more imperative to get work. I know you can't go online too much because of the cost but if you want to talk I'll ring you, just pm me and I'll get straight back to you.

Take care, I really hope something comes up for you.

Sheree x
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 04:56 PM
So sorry to hear this Gill. Try not to be down about it. I know it's easier said than done. When I originally moved to the U.K. I had a terrible time finding my first job. It took me 18months to find something. My Canadian education meant nothing in the U.K., my experience meant nothing. I was at my wits end. When I eventually did get a job, my employers could not believe I had been looking for so long I have never looked back since. The right job will be out there and you will find it. Until then we're here if you need us. xx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I am sorry Deccy, I know how you feel my son is going through the same thing. The problem in our area is there are so many people after the same job. Don't get too down sweetheart something will turn up I am sure.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Sorry Gill more fool them or not realising what an asset you would be.I know thats no help at this time.
Sending (((Hugs))).xxx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry this has happened to you, don't loose faith in yourself thats the most important thing to remember.I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you get something soon.xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >