Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Another MIL classic....

My MIL is infamous for getting stuff wrong - be it getting words mixed up or the wrong end of the stick type-of-thing. Here is another gem of hers:-

We bought a static caravan between us and Sids family at the beginning of the year and have been buying bits and pieces to put in it since. Recently we got a load of kitchen stuff including a large purple latex rubber oven-mitt (studded for extra grip) so I popped it in the kitchen drawer at the van.

Sids Mum rang him up asking if she could ask a 'personal question' and starts describing the mitt and asked him what it was for? I heard him laughing and say "it's an oven-mitt, what the hell did you think it was for to spank her a*** with"? - She said "I wasn't sure"!!!

OMG! Don't know whether that says a lot about me (am I the type of person to leave that in the kitchen drawer???)...or her for thinking it was ...ahem, something else!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Oh dear-that is funny! At least she asked and got her misconception cleared though! You might never have known what she was thinking about you!

My Mum gets her words muddled sometimes and it is funny. When I was at bible college she sent me a postcard once saying she could imagine "the angels hoovering above you" in the chapel! Conjured up a very strange image! Oh well, they say "Cleanliness is next to godliness".
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Those have made me laugh .
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Oh my!! that is sooo funny!!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Hubby's Granny used to always spell his name wrong...for years and years. His name is Brian...she always, and I mean always used to spell it Brain...so now his nickname....Braindeed.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 06:02 PM
these have all made me chuckle
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Classic!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Haha - that's hilarious!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 07:08 PM
LOL at some of your comments

My MIL is class, honestly she kills me sometimes with the stuff she comes out with.

Another one of her recent ones after answering the door she came back into the room saying it was one of those jezebels at the door so she told her no thanks she wasn't interested.......yes, she meant Jehovah, well actually Jehovah's Witness to be exact. Not quite the same thing! Heaven knows what the conversation went like!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Mind you I thought a customer yesterday said his address was in "heaven"! He actually lived in "Hepburn" but his accent made it sound like the afterlife!