Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 09:36 AM

The things dogs do to get your attention

Just curious to see how each of your dogs tries to gain your attention, deliberately when he/she feels they're not getting enough attention?

Fern has two methods - one is to jump on the back door (it's his way of telling me he needs to go puddles, OR his way of telling me, come down and hang out with me ) he gets put outside EVERY time though so he doesn't learn that he could control the house - although he still tries it on

Second method, is to bark excessively at the postman as Fern knows I'll come down the stairs to check the post, then I give him his kong and say good boy then I leave to go upstairs, so he throws his kong over the gate and barks at me to pick it up and play

What silly things does your dog do to get your attention

By gosh they are clever creatures
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-02-2006, 09:56 AM
Star brings her toys to you and waits patiently for you to play Finn just jumps up and licks your face I suppose its one way to get noticed.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Polly grunts, well she grunts all the time as shes a bit of a barrell waste, but when she wants your attention she grunts and nuzzles you.
Florrie wants your attention, she tinds to climb up and lick you regardless of what you are doing
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 10:14 AM
If you are eating something and Benji is sat at your side (which he usually is when food is around ) and he thinks that you haven't noticed him or are ignoring him, he pushes his nose quickly and firmly into you leg just as a little reminder that he would like to share It hurts sometimes too because he does it really hard
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 10:24 AM
what does he not do ??

He comes into my office and batters my legs under the desk with his tug toy

he will bring his half chewed bone out of hiding and do a little dance around it which is very amusing !

He will just stand outside my office and whine loudly

If he wants what you are eating he does the Darth ( breathes heavily like Darth Vader ) so you cannot possibly ignore him.

If you are on the sofa and he wants attention he will come up and sit on the arm of the sofa and sit in front of the telly

He will just come up and shove his big heavy head in my lap or into my leg

But his best and most frequently used is.......
He comes into my office silently, breaks wind(silently) and then leaves - leaving me with the aroma ................he mostly does this when I am on the phone to a client, so I cant even escape the office !!!!

dani
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 10:31 AM
When I am sitting at the computer Archie comes and just touches my leg with his nose... that means "pick me up for a cuddle" or he brings me a toy and growls which means "play with me!"

Ziggy will just come up to you and wag not just his tail but his entire bum. If at all possible he will lick you face, but if he can't quite reach he usually jumps and ends up biting your nose in an attempt to hang on
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by ooee
When I am sitting at the computer Archie comes and just touches my leg with his nose... that means "pick me up for a cuddle" or he brings me a toy and growls which means "play with me!"

Ziggy will just come up to you and wag not just his tail but his entire bum. If at all possible he will lick you face, but if he can't quite reach he usually jumps and ends up biting your nose in an attempt to hang on
Ahhhhhhh the dear bum wiggle, one of the most endearing things a JRT does i think
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Brings me toys and nudges them against my leg or drops them in my lap.
Paws at me, licks me or pulls at my sleeve when I'm on the computer.
Sits and goes into down position with a high pitched bark, ears alert.
Whines plaintively and gives me the big-eyed look.
Pants and grins while staring at me.
Just jumps on me and tries to get on my lap .
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Bodhi has not learnt subtlety yet.

She will come and plonk next to you and wriggle and snuffle. One paw goes up, then the other, then the back feet start trying to get up, and next thing you know she's on your knee... And she's not lap sized anymore!!

If you are sat on the floor, she will just plonk next to you (she doesn't sit - plonks all the way), and leans on you.

She has learnt the Brundog method of attention seeking too - silent but violent springs to mind
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Murphy will wait until my back is turned and I'm doing something in the kitchen then he will sneak up behind me and give a very loud 'Woof' and make me jump out of my skin but when I look at him he's smiling at me and doing the typical rottie bum wiggle lol.

He will also stand infront of the dog treat box and woof at it, as if to say, can I have one please - he doesn't do this often though as he knows he's not really allowed them (we use them mainly for vets visits, training etc).
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >