Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:47 PM

Off topic TV posts

Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Go on then! If you leave - so will I! Think I will see what's on Arabsat - it can't be worse than this lol!
Whats Arabsat?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Whats Arabsat?
think its the telly
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Whats Arabsat?
Arabsat and Nilesat are the free to air Sat programmes we get here. No subscription needed. They show lots of English speaking movies and series. But there are Arabic subtitles and the censorship is DRACONIAN!

They even censor the word PORK. And yesterday I was watching the Full Monty on the FOX MOVIES channel and they cut the end of the film off before they even took their HATS OFF lol!

It's good 'ere 'innit!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Arabsat and Nilesat are the free to air Sat programmes we get here. No subscription needed. They show lots of English speaking movies and series. But there are Arabic subtitles and the censorship is DRACONIAN!

They even censor the word PORK. And yesterday I was watching the Full Monty on the FOX MOVIES channel and they cut the end of the film off before they even took their HATS OFF lol!

It's good 'ere 'innit!
erm, do you read a LOT over there?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Well I've actually got 300+ channels to choose from but I restrict myself to using about 10. Three news programmes - Euronews, Al Jazeera and the BBC the the rest of it is just MBC movies and FOX rubbish - hey it's great for when I kick back after working online. You can find a movie on anytime of the day or night - with about 6 movie channels to choose from.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:52 PM
I am an avid reader Dobermann - but restrict it to when sunbathing outside. On account of my having to read so much when working online in a proofreading/editing capacity.

I am taking a lazy day today!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:55 PM
I am an avid reader Dobermann - but restrict it to when sunbathing outside. On account of my having to read so much when working online in a proofreading/editing capacity.

I am taking a lazy day today!
now that is starting to sound a lot better I just hope your not proof reading Arabic lol

btw are most of the movies not censored too? Wouldnt imagine youd get through a whole movie
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
now that is starting to sound a lot better I just hope your not proof reading Arabic lol

btw are most of the movies not censored too? Wouldnt imagine youd get through a whole movie
Too old to start proofreading in Arabic - I don't think I could train these eyeballs to read right to left now!

Yes most movies are draconianally censored. They don't 'bleep' they just cut it out. If it's something like an Eddie Murphy 'muther****er' type script it is HILARIOUS - it's most silent or sounds like your mobile phone does when you cannot get a good signal lol!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 09:05 PM

It's good 'ere 'innit!
Oh how frustrating! How long have you been out there? Your talk of sunbathing - envious!!

Dont you miss the long cold/ wet British weather? Everywhere is flooded here at present
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Well I've actually got 300+ channels to choose from but I restrict myself to using about 10. Three news programmes - Euronews, Al Jazeera and the BBC the the rest of it is just MBC movies and FOX rubbish - hey it's great for when I kick back after working online. You can find a movie on anytime of the day or night - with about 6 movie channels to choose from.
I have a cyber friend in Paphos, the opposite side of Cyprus from you, and apparently they are no longer able to get satellite television although I am not sure why.

I have a horrible feeling that I can get well over 300 channels as well, in at least a dozen different languages.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >