Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 12:01 PM

Letter to my local MP

Hi all,
Well after i recieved Lukes review of his statement of SEN,this morning i have decided to write a letter to my MP.

Dear Mark,
I am one very concerned parent of two boys with SEN,Since the closure of the MLD schools in Gloucestershire,I as a parent feel my choice as to where my children are educated has been taken away.
My eldest son is in a mainstream school,as part of the governments plan to include children with SEN into mainstream school and I must tell you that this system is FAILING my son,as it probably is for many other children like him.
I was in complete disagreement when the plans for inclusion were first drawn out,as alot of children that were placed or rather FORCED back into mainstream simply would not cope which is the case for my son and therefore i feel his education is comprimised as a result.
We have a system where by children with SLD are looked after and educated in schools for SLD,normal children are educated in mainstream, with no difficulties ,but what about our children with MLD does nobody including the present government care about them and where they should be educated?What happened to my right as a parent and my choice?
Our children are the future they don't derserve to messed around in a system that is FAILING them,I now have a very difficult decision to make,keep him in mainstream so that he can have difficulty in accessing the curriculum and getting along with other children or to send him to a school for SLD and hinder his education further and take him away from the few friends he has.What sort of choice is that?
And this present Government are supposed to care about our kids, there future and there education,i will care to differ and suggest this government do not care in the least about our children with MLD or there education,they have far more important things to worry over such as banning fox hunting and the docking of dogs tails,again interferring in ordinary peoples lifes.
I am really at loss now at which would be the right way forward for my son.
I look forward to hearing from you and your thoughts and what if anything i as a parent can do about the dreadful situation this wonderful goverment have placed upon my son and myself.
Your's Sincerely,
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Very strong worded letter......I hope they stand up and listen to you Sal

Well Done x