Female 

04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Aww sorry to hear this, hope they are both feeling much better now xx
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am sure she will be ok for 24 hrs,if she has an upset tummy she probably won't want to eat much anyway,but drinking is important and the glucose will keep her energy up I think MH recommends honey in warm water left to cool.Hope she is feeling better soon.
Thank you for this advice MH and Lynn, I will get some honey when hubby gets home from work.

I am worried about her, she has been sick again this afternoon, alot of stomache acid, she isnt drinking as much as I would like her too either, which is more stressfull.

I hate it when she is ill, and I cant really tell what to do as she cannot talk to me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh I really feel for you with your sick little baby, but you're off to the vet again tomorrow with her and hopefully they will help her out. If you're really worried, why not give them a call and tell them how she is??? He might want to see her tonight I think??? Sorry I can't help you must be feeling terrible about it.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Hi Jess I have another poorly dog right here at the moment, Takoda has also been sick for the last two and a half days now and can't even keep water down.

He doesn't want to eat at all still, but when he does whatever he gets will just be very bland.

He has wanted to drink alot still but I am only allowing him a small amount but frequently, because if I allow him to drink freely he takes to much at one go and out it all comes a few mins later which wont help him to hydrate at all, at least if he has a very small amount each time but can keep it down he wont loose it again and it can go to use (and also give his tummy a rest)

The honey and water idea of mini's is a good one and something I will be giving Kody today.

Hope Jess is better soon

Best wishes.

Aww im sorry to hear Takoda is poorly too, maybe there is a bug going around?

How old is Takoda?

I am very worried as I know how quickly a puppy can go downhill, I have succumbed to a small amount of natural yoghurt as the sounds her belly were making were very, very disturbing.

Poor thing, you just look at her and know she isnt well, she keeps whimpering too, yet through it all she is still trying top get on with it and play, bless her heart.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Have you had a good long chat with your vet about what you're feeding her??? Just out of interest, that's all?! I'm really beginning to wonder if it's something you're actually giving her in her food that's causing these problems???? Something that disagrees with her maybe? I strongly suggest you tell the vet everything that you are feeding her if you haven't already done so. All the best, I know how worrying this is for you, but she'll be ok, just do what they say for the time being.

Hi Helena,

I wanted to have a good long chat with the vet about what I was feeding her, but I didnt get the chance.

I will certainly seek his advice on my feeding habits of Jess tomorrow, to be honest there were so many questions and I was that distressed this morning I had used up all the time he had....

I have not been giving her anything different at all...

She has had troubles throwing up stomache acid in the past, as many of you know.

Yet I was after some advice on this from you guys because I was wondering as in many respects in behaviour and everything, a puppy can be like a human child, and human babys sometimes throw up for seemingly no reason, can this be the same with a puppy?

I know this is not the case with Jess now, I think she has picked up a bug or something, which is upsetting seeming how she has had her vaccinations only a 6 weeks ago.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-12-2006, 05:53 PM
could she have some reaction to the vaccinations? These types of dogs have a high immune system anyway and some do react badly to the vaccines used.
Have you contacted the breeder? As you are in Oldham, I am assuming that you got her from Laura, but even if you didn't I am sure she will be able to give you advice. I know when Maelona had a poorly tummy about the same age I rang her breeder straight away and she gave me excellent advice.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
Aww im sorry to hear Takoda is poorly too, maybe there is a bug going around?

How old is Takoda?

I am very worried as I know how quickly a puppy can go downhill, I have succumbed to a small amount of natural yoghurt as the sounds her belly were making were very, very disturbing.

Poor thing, you just look at her and know she isnt well, she keeps whimpering too, yet through it all she is still trying top get on with it and play, bless her heart.
Hi Jess, Kody is just turned 2 but your right pups can go downhill very quickly so that is even more worrying when they are very young.

If she is still trying to play it hasn't completly knocked her for six just yet...NI wont stop unless they have to but when that does happen that's when I really start to worry.

Watch Jess's water intake and if she really wont take any herself you may have to find a way of giving it to her little and often...Keena got very sick when she was 11 months old and wouldn't take any water and we had to give it to her via a syringe. Keep watching for any signs of dehydration, take a little of her skin on her neck between your thumb and finger and hold for a few seconds and see how quick it goes back down etc.

How many times has she been sick now?

This is what I will be doing for Kody tonight as he doesnt want to eat still

Mys I hope things Keena is improving . One of my best things for a poorly tummy is to melt about half level teaspoon of honey in about tablespoon of boiling water, then mix with about three tablespoons of live natural yogurt then give the dog a tiny bit of this at a time. The honey gives energy and the yogurt puts back good bacteria lost in the sickness into the tummy
This is what mini mentioned to me while Keena was poorly (at the begining of 2005)
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 06:52 PM
I think you need to let the vet know she hasn't been drinking, coz she might have to go on a drip for a short while to replace lost fluids. It's very important they take fluids. I like the idea she's attempting to play too, which means she's either on the mend, or at least maybe feeling slightly better which is good. At the back of my mind, because this has been going on for a while, my instinct is telling me it's something you're giving her that's constantly upsetting her, so my advice to you would be to definitely have a word with the vet tomorrow. I don't want to sound condescending or anything like that, but is your meat coming from a good reliable source, and are you keeping it in strict hygienic conditions as you would for human consumption - it's just nagging at me that this might be the cause, something to do with her raw food that's all! Sorry! Make sure you tell the vet how you keep the food and how you feed it etc. etc. Is she getting it frozen to eat??? Are you defrosting it in a warm room???? Things like that are quite important with raw food, I only know this coz I used to be in the catering business and I've done all my exams about food and food hygiene. Sorry, I don't want to sound like you're doing it all wrong, I'm just trying to help out here!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Hi Jess, Kody is just turned 2 but your right pups can go downhill very quickly so that is even more worrying when they are very young.

If she is still trying to play it hasn't completly knocked her for six just yet...NI wont stop unless they have to but when that does happen that's when I really start to worry.

Watch Jess's water intake and if she really wont take any herself you may have to find a way of giving it to her little and often...Keena got very sick when she was 11 months old and wouldn't take any water and we had to give it to her via a syringe. Keep watching for any signs of dehydration, take a little of her skin on her neck between your thumb and finger and hold for a few seconds and see how quick it goes back down etc.

How many times has she been sick now?

Hiya Mys,

Jess was sick early this morning about 4 times, and sick again at about 2pm.

I think she made herself too over excited at dinnertime and thats why she was sick.
She was still poorly but my mother came round to see us as she was worried with Jess being ill and Jess did get excited like she does and was sick about 15-30 mins after my mother left.

She was very poorly after that and slept for hours, she kept waking up and looking at me to make sure I didnt leave her side, I stroaked her and she would fall back to sleep, poor baby.

She has been drinking ok since she woke, which is a big relief.
I have a medcine syringe in her medical kit (not one with a needle) so i was going to start giving her water through that if she didnt begin to drink, thankfully I will not have to force her now.

Thanks for your advice on the dehydration technique Mys, I knew about it and have been checking her all day, but thank you anyway, I appreciate your corncern and advice.

I am feeling bad though as she keeps going up to the kitchen and treat bag (I have hid this now as she was tormenting herself with it) and whimpering, when I went to the toilet she even tried to rob the treat bag!

I know it sounds sad but starving Jess is honestly the worst thing I have ever had to do, I cant bear to see her sad and hungry for food, it has made me cry several times...
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »