Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:10 PM

Chinese Medicine

Having been disappointed with my GP lately over this thyroid problem, and no improvement to date, I trotted off to see a Chinese Doctor today.

I had a one to one with him, discussed all relevant details, past and present ailments. Blood pressure (very good) pulse taken from both hands. Examination of psoriasis on foot and elbows. Chatted generally about recent thyroid diagnosis etc etc.

Have been given a mixture of 18 herbs which i have to boil and simmer..then drink am and pm, for a week. Strangely suggested soaking foot in mixture at the end of the day!!!!

Have an appointment to see him next Saturday, to review.........

Anyone else tried this ?????????
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Haven't myself....but used to know a little girl who had excema since birth.

her WHOLE body was scaly, bleeding and sore, her hair was a mess, her lips always cracked, face red and bleeing....tried everything from the doctors, and it didn't help.

Someone suggested trying a Chinese herbalist.....a few months after she went to see him, I saw her - and she was a different girl!
Her skin was smooth and soft, no cracks, no dryness, no bleeding, her hair had started to grow, and was also soft!

Deffinately worth a try, and look forwards to hearing about it!
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Am wondering about trying it too. Years ago my GP laughed at me when i asked him about homeopathic and herbal medicines (now he is in private pracitce for homeopathy) so although our docs tell us to keep away from them who knows who is right and wrong, I have heared a lot of good reports from them, just be careful about mixing herbs you dont know with any current medication (did you ask if it would go ok tog with what you take) guess he would have checked that with you, looking forward to hearing how you get on x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:28 PM
No, but be careful, pleeeeeeease! Make sure he's legit as there are a lot of chinese cowboys out there! Cowboys?? Chinese??? You know what I mean!

Funny though, I suffered with that Psoriasis on my elbows for years, and then it suddenly disappeared overnight, and went on my instep of my foot! Had that bit for a couple of years and then it suddenly disappeared too 3 yrs. ago. Then it came back on the other instep about a month ago, very strange, but I'm trying to stop it in it's tracks this time as once it starts I can't leave it alone, it itches like mad doesn't it and I make a right mess of it!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2006, 10:52 PM
I hope it's all ok I went on several recommendations. Got me thinking now...

Itch, yes, I have been known to get a sharp object (too embarresed to say what) and scatch away!!!!

I did tell him I was on Thyroxine, although the doctor told me to only take it every other day as no improvement, so waiting to see what the hospital says.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-03-2006, 04:56 PM
Do be careful - there have been several horror stories over the years about people going into renal and liver failure after using chinese medicines. Do a bit of research yourself on the herbs he's given you before taking them.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 09:05 PM
Well I can't believe that a week has passed, and back to see the Chinese Doctor in the morning.

I have endured the horrible herbal drink this week, to be honest it was repulsive, but I did it twice a day, then bathed my bad foot in it.

Improvements...I do feel better but that may not be down to the drink, it could be a number of things. My foot has definately changed, certainly not so itchy!

I will see what he says tomorrow......
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Good Luck

Let us know, how you get on
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Thank you I will do so
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2006, 09:18 PM
i took my 7yr old son to a registered herbal doctor he suffers with cradle cap as we thought real badly and beings hes blonde it stood out a mile i had been to my doctors on several occasions about it but he kept giving me the same old shampoo stuff and it never worked so i thought about the herbalist so we went he had a look at my sons scalp asked loads of questions he gave me a shampoo which i have to use everyday on my son for 3mths well its the second month in and the cradle cap has nearly all gone its just a few patches left i asked the herbal doctor why he has it and he said that the blood circulation on my sons scalp is blocked it cant breathe properley to allow the hair to come through so it builds a form of skin on the scalp i am so pleased with the shampoo and he recommend that i dont use any shampoo with scent in it so from now on i shall be getting the shampoo from him
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >