Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
Scallops are lush hand dived scallops on a pea cream with bacon icecream and parmesan foam Heaven! I lurve poncy food me
Yuck

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I have never eaten scallops [or bacon] so have no idea what they taste like, but that concoction sounds
: )

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Or me, please, please
I love them, I could eat them all day everyday, especially with a bit of black pudding, or bacon, or a waffle to soak up the juice.
I am literally dribbling here
My neighbour is a trawler owner and one of his boats is a scalloper, I often make him a cake in exchange for scallops straight off the boat, dribble dribble!
Oh btw the orange bit, the roe is the best bit, well for humans anyway!
Yuck!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 11:07 AM
The orange bit is THE BEST bit!! Fine for dogs too, will not harm them.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I am sure Pereg would love scallops - just as she loves whole [uncleaned] squid - another thing I have never eaten.

Mind you, I cannot think of anything she has turned her nose up at!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 01:36 PM
squid!! delish! right now am hungry again!

scallops and black pudding with an orange jus was what i made as a starter for my first romantic dinner with my boyf followed by filet en croute

i made the school girl error of asking him to keep an eye on the jus whilst it 'reduced' so i could nip and get changed

apparently 'reducing' was not a term rugby players understood and it ended up a bit er... thick

agree the coral is the tastiest bit

Malka - savoury icecream is fab ive done red wine ice cream to have with venison (i had it once in a restuarant with a steak) before and it went down a storm with the boyf.

might try and make some elderflower to have with scallops i think that would work..

lucky dog thats all I'll say
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Squid complete with head, outer "shell" and inner hard cartilage wotsit, just as it was caught, frozen by me and given to Pereg straight from the freezer.

Unfortunately for her the fish van did not have any the last couple of times it turned up, but next time it has some I will buy another five kilos as Pereg she likee muchly!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Yuck

: )

Yuck!
here I fully agree with you!

nothing worse that scallops!

...well, maybe snails?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
squid!! delish! right now am hungry again!

scallops and black pudding with an orange jus was what i made as a starter for my first romantic dinner with my boyf followed by filet en croute

i made the school girl error of asking him to keep an eye on the jus whilst it 'reduced' so i could nip and get changed

apparently 'reducing' was not a term rugby players understood and it ended up a bit er... thick

agree the coral is the tastiest bit

Malka - savoury icecream is fab ive done red wine ice cream to have with venison (i had it once in a restuarant with a steak) before and it went down a storm with the boyf.

might try and make some elderflower to have with scallops i think that would work..

lucky dog thats all I'll say
Haha just what Paul would do! I'm no great cook either though!
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Squid complete with head, outer "shell" and inner hard cartilage wotsit, just as it was caught, frozen by me and given to Pereg straight from the freezer.

Unfortunately for her the fish van did not have any the last couple of times it turned up, but next time it has some I will buy another five kilos as Pereg she likee muchly!
Ew!
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
here I fully agree with you!

nothing worse that scallops!

...well, maybe snails?
In general I'm not a fussy eater but seafood just isn't my thing. I've tried it though.scallops, periwinkles, snails, oysters, muscles, squid, octopus.....I'm not going to try anymore I don't think. I just don't like seafood!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 02:43 PM
P.s. the dogs loves their kongs!
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
In general I'm not a fussy eater but seafood just isn't my thing. I've tried it though.scallops, periwinkles, snails, oysters, muscles, squid, octopus.....I'm not going to try anymore I don't think. I just don't like seafood!
actually I do like seafood, like octopus, prawns/shrimps etc
but just nothing what tastes too fishy and scallops/muscles are just too !yuck! to me

I also like seafood salad, but if I can see muscles in it, I never would buy it!

and well, I guess I'm a quite fussy eater

P.S.: my dog actually too tried to pick the muscles out for her, she was just looking the same disgusted on them like me
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Hands off those spare scallops Nippy..........I asked first, and anyway if you are going to add black pudding that puts you way down the list!! Bleugh

Gnasher - I am not sure that it was wise to say that the orange part is not harmful to dogs. There are some documented cases of severe illness after eating this. (Dogs that is)
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >