Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 01:51 PM

Updating to Broadband!

We ordered Broadband last Wednesday and received the Modem etc in the post yesterday but so far haven't had an email to say that they have connected our line yet Its so frustrating when we have got the modem sat there in its box and we can't use it Dial up is being an absolute pain today and is cutting us off all the time and we have noticed that when we connect that you can't hear the dial tone anymore when it dials up, which is unusual, do you think that they are working on the line to connect us to broadband and thats why it is doing this
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Howdy Foxy

Have you got a spam blocker or accidently added your servers email address to your 'blocked senders list' in outlook express?

If not-ring and tell them to pull their finger out.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 02:14 PM
how long did they say it would take
when i went to broad band i was told 10 days and it was done in 5 just last week i had to change it over as i had to change my line and they told me 14 days and i was going mad, half way though they said some 1 had cancelled my order i was i not impressed (dial up would not work)

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by bobbie3917
how long did they say it would take
when i went to broad band i was told 10 days and it was done in 5 just last week i had to change it over as i had to change my line and they told me 14 days and i was going mad, half way though they said some 1 had cancelled my order i was i not impressed (dial up would not work)

Yes to be fair to them they did say 10 days, but I'm just being impatient and keep going to my email box to see if they have emailed to say that we have got it With the modem coming yesterday I was hoping that they would get the line sorted soon because it will be the 7th day today and dial up is driving me insane
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Howdy Foxy

Have you got a spam blocker or accidently added your servers email address to your 'blocked senders list' in outlook express?

If not-ring and tell them to pull their finger out.

Hi Steve,

No I don't think that I have done anything different but its just we are so used to hearing the dial tone when it dials up and its not doing that anymore now so I am just wondering whether they have connected us and forgotten to let us know
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 02:26 PM
i know what you mean
but you have to think that it maybe up to BT to sort the line out and you know how slow they can be, if it was me i would set it up all ready and give it a go see what happens

Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Hello, when I changed over to broadband they said they would send an email, but it was actually on before I got the email (about 3 days ahead of the email).

The one problem I had was I hadn't fitted the filters correctly, I had to disconnect the upstairs phone, (I have three phones and only two filters) and then put the filters directly onto the end of the phones (I think) and hey presto! it worked.

Ian
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh yes, if it is up to BT then it will probably be Christmas when we get online LOL

I'll wait until tonight and let O/H do it because the port is at the back of the tower so it means pulling all the computer out etc so I will leave it to him.

Thanks for the advice
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hoggett
Hello, when I changed over to broadband they said they would send an email, but it was actually on before I got the email (about 3 days ahead of the email).

The one problem I had was I hadn't fitted the filters correctly, I had to disconnect the upstairs phone, (I have three phones and only two filters) and then put the filters directly onto the end of the phones (I think) and hey presto! it worked.

Ian

Okay thanks Ian, we will give it a try tonight then because there is definitely something different with the way it is dialing up now so they must have been tinkering with something
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Just thought of something Foxy.

When i got this laptop home earlier,i put the broadband installation disc into it to load up the data.There was a hiccup and after a quick phone call to ntl-they told me it wasnt needed and just to plug the BB modem into the laptop.They were right and everything worked perfectly.The moment i plugged the modem in-a little box came up from botom right saying windows had detected new hardware.

The only think i had to do was re-configure outlook express to my email address.

Try plugging in the modem and see what happens-you may find its all up and running waiting for you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >