Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 08:22 PM

Broadband (again!)

We ordered Broadband on the 3rd of August and we received our modem about 4 days ago and we are STILL not connected. When I put the CD in it says that we have to have the username and password that they have sent us in an email (which they haven't sent yet) so we can't do anything until we get it and it will be 10 days tomorrow and it says up to 10 days

Has anyone else had to wait this long before being connected because dial-up is worse than ever and is cutting us off even more than usual now I keep checking for the email but it doesn't feel like its ever going to arrive
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Foxy, my broadband is through Wanadoo, I have just been looking back and they sent me my username and password the day after I ordered it. Then ten days later i got the email to say the line had been activated- although I had already installed the modem and the line had actually been activated a few days before i got the email.

Should have said that the email that told me my username and password was received even before the modem arrived. Did you get an email from them after you had ordered it? welcoming you to broadband? cos thats when they sent me my password
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
My NTL Braodband was up and running within 2 days of ordering it
lollippy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-08-2005, 09:07 PM
Have you tried connecting your broadband modem to the line, (as per the instructions with it) you may get a pleasent surprise.

Mine wasn't due for activation till the Monday, I connected the broadband modem on the Friday before to see what happened, and hey presto, I was already connected
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Phone them Foxy and ask them for your password and usename-you havent got anything to loose! Or do like what Lolippy said and connect the modem to pc/laptop and see what happens.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Phone them Foxy and ask them where the problem is i didnīt need a password nothing just conected up and no problem the details for the router they phoned me and told me them in spanish
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-08-2005, 08:02 AM
morning Foxy sorted it out ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Well day 10 and STILL no email from them. I am coming to the conclusion that Wanadoo should be renamed Wanadont, they are useless I tried sending them an email twice to explain our predicament but it said there was an error so I have just emailed them again at a different email address that they gave me.

The problem is that it has got to be my partner that phones them because the account is in his name so they won't answer my questions. He won't be around until this afternoon and simply hates phoning people so I am going to have to persuade him gently - phone em or you're DEAD
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
morning Foxy sorted it out ?

Fred, we must be telepathic - I was just answering whilst you were posting - is that spooky or what
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by Het
Foxy, my broadband is through Wanadoo, I have just been looking back and they sent me my username and password the day after I ordered it. Then ten days later i got the email to say the line had been activated- although I had already installed the modem and the line had actually been activated a few days before i got the email.

Should have said that the email that told me my username and password was received even before the modem arrived. Did you get an email from them after you had ordered it? welcoming you to broadband? cos thats when they sent me my password
Hi Het,

I have forwarded the email that they sent us to you so that you can see if you can see any username etc because I am certain there isn't one.

Wish I had gone with BT now - even they have to be faster than this
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >