View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Here's an interesting fact for those who don't wish to have anything to do with animal products:

Photographic film contains gelatin.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Never knew that LS - glad digital cameras now

I'm not sure if I added this to the thread, but I am back to being a meat-eater. I tried going vegan for 10 days but my energy levels just dipped

However, I now only buy organic meat/eggs from trusted suppermarkets like M&S. I just make it last longer now.

The ultimate goal is to have my own farm where I can grow 90% of my food and farm my own animals... guess I can dream
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Bf and I only buy free range/organic meat. I know this doesn't mean a lot these days but in my opinion it tastes heaps better than the water injected rubbish. Considering we eat mostly fish in this house anyway
steve78
Dogsey Senior
Male 

19-09-2010, 03:17 PM
meat is good meat is needed meat is tasty meat for me me carnivor me proud

was a veggie for 3 yrs never felt so god damn weak in my life i need to be blood fueled keeps my blood pumping
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2010, 05:54 PM
I eat meat because i enjoy the taste.Its also a good energy food too.

I couldnt ever be a veggie.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 06:02 PM
I eat meat because I enjoy it.
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Absolutely makes sense. I am OK with it because I don't profess to being a full veggie as I eat fish and wear leather (I love the smell of it, how weird is that).

I don't eat meat because of the taste/texture and idea of it being flesh not because of the poor little animals although I do enjoy the fact that I am not contributing to the killing of animals on a large scale in some way.

My situation is very complicated, which is why I don't mind people asking questions and never take offence about it. It's a very personal thing ;o)
How strange, this sums up the way i am at the moment I was a true veggie for 10 years and when pregnant had serious cravings and gave in now my daughter is veggie and more and more i wonder why i'm eating meat,haven't had any this week but went out for a posh meal last night and wrestled with myself over cheese/pasta or fish so had fish decided that i would eat fish when eating out which isn't often,so may give that up !!! But do wear leather so 'i,m as messed up as youNo offense intended
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 07:50 PM
OH also watched the gap year programe where they were slaughtering their dinner and couldn't watch,which leads back to the question raised earlier could you kill your own animal to eat,my answer is a definate no way,so why should i eat it? But then what about the fish.......... ?????good grief i'm messed up!!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
which leads back to the question raised earlier could you kill your own animal to eat
Yes-i do already.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by EGYPTGAL View Post
How strange, this sums up the way i am at the moment I was a true veggie for 10 years and when pregnant had serious cravings and gave in now my daughter is veggie and more and more i wonder why i'm eating meat,haven't had any this week but went out for a posh meal last night and wrestled with myself over cheese/pasta or fish so had fish decided that i would eat fish when eating out which isn't often,so may give that up !!! But do wear leather so 'i,m as messed up as youNo offense intended
Hahaha, none intended xx
Page 24 of 25 « First < 14 21 22 23 24 25 >