View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:36 AM

Hollie p'd on my bed - why? (Bitch urinating on bed)

As the title says.

It's something she has done before a couple of times but not for ages and ages. When she did it before I search on the net for an answer and the thinking seemed to be she wanted our bed for her own so marked it. OK, I can understand that - even though she has her own bed which she knows is hers.

I could hear her playing just now, upstairs which is odd - she doesn't go up there much but the boys are up there so I figured she was with them. I called up to them and asked where she was and they said not with them, with that she comes out of my room. I went up, just to check and saw the duvet was messed up - thought what a monkey she has been playing on my bed!

There it was, a fresh puddle. Why?

She p'd in the lounge the other day, while we were upstairs, we put that down to jealousy as we got a budgie last week.

My husband is going to be fuming when he finds out. I'm not exactly pleased myself, I am very cross with her.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Well it cant smell as bad as the fresh Cat puddle i found on my bed last week. Now THAT smells!!!

Ha ha, seriously though. How old is she? how long has she been house trained?
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:40 AM
She is 4 years old next week, we have had her since she was a tiny pup and she was house trained a little while after we got her. Can't remember how long it took, but I do remember her being very good with it.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:41 AM
My sister had a female Yorkie that used to do this and her male dogs will still lift their legs on the frill round the bottom of the bed if they get chance. She usually found it was if she had been away for a few days and left them with her son and on her return she did this. It sounds like some sort of territory marking but I am not sure why she has just done it now if nothing has changed. Does she go upstairs a lot because if a dog isn't allowed to be upstairs much I think they tend to do this more just to leave their smell up there.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
My sister had a female Yorkie that used to do this and her male dogs will still lift their legs on the frill round the bottom of the bed if they get chance. She usually found it was if she had been away for a few days and left them with her son and on her return she did this. It sounds like some sort of territory marking but I am not sure why she has just done it now if nothing has changed. Does she go upstairs a lot because if a dog isn't allowed to be upstairs much I think they tend to do this more just to leave their smell up there.
She will often lay by my feet while I put my make up on, and is known to lay in the bathroom while I have a bath. She isn't allowed on the beds though.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Trish
She will often lay by my feet while I put my make up on, and is known to lay in the bathroom while I have a bath. She isn't allowed on the beds though.

Hopefully then it might just be a one off and she might never do it again - perhaps get one of those baby gates on the door of your room so that she can't get in again or shut the door when you come out and put one of those little hook thingys at the top to stop the kids opening it - I can understand how you feel it must be really maddening I don't let Benji on my bed although he does go on Lauras bed at night because hers is quite a low one so there is no keeping him off - I put a cover on it for him to lie on though although I have found him nicely snuggled up on the pillow next to her sometimes I have never had a dog that weed on the bed though.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 10:53 AM
We used to keep our door closed, but as she hadn't done it for a few months started to leave it open before Christmas.
I think we will have to go back to shutting our door during the day - once the boys are in bed we close the stair gate at the top of the stairs, so she doesn't go in their rooms - I just know she would have to go and see where they are!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
She p'd in the lounge the other day, while we were upstairs, we put that down to jealousy as we got a budgie last week.
Hi Trish how old is she..is she due in season..is she drinking more? Has she been punished for soiling upstairs previously ?

If she also soiled in the lounge the other day/is going more frequently maybe she has a bladder infection or is due in season, if she has been punished for soiling upstairs previously she may have panicked when she heard you approaching and soiled...

If none of the above I would brush up on the houstraining by taking her out frequently/staying with her/praising when she relieves herself outside ..and keep the bedroom door closed.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 12:06 PM
She is 4 years old next week, not due in season as she is spayed.

She is not drinking more than usual.

She has been told off when she did it before - I can't really ignore it and say nothing. I use a cross voice although to be honest she knows she has done wrong so not much has to be said, you can see the guilt all over her face.

Can't have been panic as there is no way she heard me - I walked on carpet with slippers on and she had gone quiet when I called up stairs to the boys. She has nothing to panic for, never hit or shouted at, just a slightly raised cross voice.

We always praise her when she goes anyway so am already doing that.

You should see her now - I have just made lunch and the whole time she just looked at me. She was laying by the back door, but I needed to go out to put the now washed bedding on the line and the way she went to her bed you would think I had beaten her.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Trish, a dog looking guilty is only responding to your body language etc, in no way does a dog "know" things in the way we humans do. Unfortuately the very fact they look "guilty" can incense some people and it sounds as if your husband may be cross with her too. I really hope that is not the case as the dog will no doubt respond but because of trying to appease, not for any other reason! If you've punished her before (how did you do that?) then dogs will sometimes try to hide what they do from their owners.

Insecure dogs will often pee on beds, and seem to esp. do it if other animals are on there as well (eg cats).

Reasons for inappropriate messing can be:

medical conditions, age related problems, environmental change, incomplete housetraining, faulty learning, breed type, inadequate management from owner, preference for substrata, over excitement, submission, fear, and anxiety.

Medical conditions can be:

urinary tract problems, disease; congenital or anatomical malformation, endocrine disorders, neural problems, etc etc. ...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >