View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephi103
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2006, 11:47 AM

Why does he have to poo on the pavement?!

12 week Dougal has just been out to the park and before we went I let him out in the garden and he did a poo, so off we went up to the park pulling like mad(see other post!) and he was playing around and did a wee and then on the way back he pooed on the pavement.

EVERYTIME we take him out he poos somewhere which is really putting me off taking him to public places eg towns coz I don't want him to pee or poo on the pavement with everyone around tutting at us.

I know its only early days but how can I stop it?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 12:04 PM
if you dont want him to poo on the pavement then you have to train him to either go on command or only to do it on grass etc. To be honest you have to pick it up anyway so does it really matter where he goes?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 12:05 PM
mine all poo on the pavement ...as long as i pick it up i don't care what anyone else thinks
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 12:11 PM
It is easier to pick up from the pavement than out of long grass think yourself lucky.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Thordell
It is easier to pick up from the pavement than out of long grass think yourself lucky.
nearly posted that as well ....take's me 10 mins to pick up and hose off job done LOL

even on walks its easier to pick up and as long as you do nothing really anyone can say
Stephi103
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-04-2006, 12:34 PM
He does do it on command, very true about easier to clean up! I would ALWAYS clean it up but he has done it before and people have given me a funny look
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Stephi103
He does do it on command, very true about easier to clean up! I would ALWAYS clean it up but he has done it before and people have given me a funny look

Ahhhhh funny looks we know all about those

Just wait till he starts flashing now THOSE are some funny looks you'll be getting

Nah, if you pick it up then there's really nothing anyone can say. And just ignore the looks, you know you're being responsible. And Inca and Thords are soooo right, getting poo out of long grass is hell!!

But don't stop taking him out! Socialization is soooooo important at that age
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry.. but I honestly cant see a problem here

IF I had a garden, my dog would NEVER be allowed to poo in there... A garden is for relaxing and playing IMO

A dog needs to go out walking and to be allowed to poo and pee.. And I collect no matter where she sits...

I would be elated if my dog would only poo on walks and not in yards..

I'm sorry, I dont mean to be harsh, but sometimes I'm amazed by how different things seem to be in Denmark compared to UK..

Here its a normal and natural thing for the dogs to "releave" themselves on walks.. And most of us pick up...

Okay I'll leave now, and pick up my chin on the way out..
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh I wish Takara would poo on the pavement!

I took her out FIVE times this morning to go around the block for a wee and poo and she point blank refused to go because normally she waits til we go to the park. She was crying and whining to go out but wouldn't go when I took her. The point is, we weren't going to the park as mum was taking her up to the dam a bit later on.

But no - Takara much prefers to go half way up/down a grass bank in the park, which, in wet weather would be suicide to attempt to climb!

J - we stopped letting Takara go in the garden because she went all over but we will have a small area which is just for her to use when she needs the loo once the garden is done. My friend does this, she has a shower tray in her garden and the beagle only ever goes there. I will start letting her go in the garden again, simply because she goes to bed late and I have to wait til she goes to bed before I can get changed out of my clothes and likewise, I have to get dressed at 6.30 EVERY morning to take her out otherwise she goes mad! It'd be really nice to be able to go out in my pjs and not worry about anyone seeing me (the beauty of walls and fences!)!

However - around our way, I see a new pile of left over poop every day. There's one big pile that's been there days now, I'm thinking about bagging it up, hooking the bag over the fence there and adding a note 'whoever left this, please clear it up yourself next time.'
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
My friend does this, she has a shower tray in her garden and the beagle only ever goes there.
Ooh that does sound great

We had a dog, when I was a kid... She was allowed to poo and pee in the garden.. It ended up with her not wanting to do anything on walks... Even if we walked for 2 hours, she would wait till we came home to the garden, with poo hanging halfway out...

Lottie, I get up at 4.45 am and take Luna out for 15 minutes.. And then when I get home from work and then before bedtime. She can hold.. easily..

I dont have a garden at the moment, but it would still be walks as I do now...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >