Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 06:32 AM

Daily Thread. Saturday 29 April

Good morning everyone, The sun is up early this morning.

June the GTECH has a charging line, the same as a phone you just plug in a wall socket.

Mandy can recommend the GTECH.

Griff, hope you are ok today after your binge.

Hope everyone else is ok too as well as all the quadrupeds.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-04-2017, 07:20 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Nice sunny day here to and feeling warm.
Glad the gtech is working out well Moyra.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 07:54 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Pleased the G-tech is performing to your satisfaction and that Steve also seems impressed

Enjoy your day with family Lynn. Hope you have managed to speak to Gill and the news is encouraging. Hugs to you both.

Lovely day here this morning after heavy showers most of yesterday afternoon. Still it will have helped the lawn that was badly in need of it. Nothing much planned. Will be putting in some beetroot and parsnip seeds and also transplanting some more sprout seedlings.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 07:58 AM
Morning all
Moyra, i am absolutely fine thankyou, been up since 5
Nothing planned today for me...just might watch a film if the dogs will let me watch one Lol
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2017, 08:08 AM
Exciting day today, Waiting for a parcel via Parcel Force. Ok what is it? I hear you ask.
it is an ExpoDisc 77mm 2.0 Neutral and Portrait White Balance Filter.

That has you stumped ? yes ?

let me try and explain.

Digital camera have preset filters such as sun shade flash cloud and indoor lighting varients. Also auto white balance where the camera has to guess at the amount of light (grey) hitting the sensor for the right colour.

As a camera initially sees everything in grey it it guesses the nearest grey to the scene. could be 30% or 10% grey a wild guess at best.

The correct amount of grey is 18% to get the best colours out of a camera. So what this filter does is give the correct amount 18% grey then you get true colours.

Light varies, so in any given situation this filter fits onto the camera lens and with the camera pointing towards the light source can capture 18% grey (the correct amount) thus making another filter in a camera preset filter range instead of shade sun etc.
This then gives the true colours and overrides what the camera thinks is ok.
This 15 second operating setup of the camera can save hours of work with editing to get right what the camera misreads.

Hopefully when i have had a play with it I will be able to put up the difference this filter makes

Which had the expodisk fitted??? . No editing involved apart from resizing

There are several tuts in youtube for anyone interested
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 08:54 AM
my new shoes are here already!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Exciting day today, Waiting for a parcel via Parcel Force. Ok what is it? I hear you ask.
it is an ExpoDisc 77mm 2.0 Neutral and Portrait White Balance Filter.

That has you stumped ? yes ?

let me try and explain.

Digital camera have preset filters such as sun shade flash cloud and indoor lighting varients. Also auto white balance where the camera has to guess at the amount of light (grey) hitting the sensor for the right colour.

As a camera initially sees everything in grey it it guesses the nearest grey to the scene. could be 30% or 10% grey a wild guess at best.

The correct amount of grey is 18% to get the best colours out of a camera. So what this filter does is give the correct amount 18% grey then you get true colours.

Light varies, so in any given situation this filter fits onto the camera lens and with the camera pointing towards the light source can capture 18% grey (the correct amount) thus making another filter in a camera preset filter range instead of shade sun etc.
This then gives the true colours and overrides what the camera thinks is ok.
This 15 second operating setup of the camera can save hours of work with editing to get right what the camera misreads.

Hopefully when i have had a play with it I will be able to put up the difference this filter makes

Which had the expodisk fitted??? . No editing involved apart from resizing

There are several tuts in youtube for anyone interested
The one on the right,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Off over to my Aunts again, the last time before my Operation.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-04-2017, 09:41 AM
correct Kazz

This is the disc v the auto white balance, just taken photos of Teazle and put up the RAW images on the screen asked Sue which one had the disc and she noticed straight away.

Yes the auto white balance "AWB" can be corrected in editing, but imagine doing that after a days shoot
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2017, 09:42 AM
I agree with Kazz, the right handside piccie Tumbleweed
I bet your op day can't come soon enough for you can it Kazz?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >