View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-12-2005, 10:50 PM

What is your earliest memory involving dogs?

What is your earliest, vividest memory you have involving dogs?

I have a very clear one, it would be when Frauser, one of our dobes was a puppy. Well she was about 5 months old at this moment in time, we also had another dobe and 2 staffies at that moment of time.It was an autumnul afternoon when one of my sister's had 2 friends over for the day ( ) one of which wasn't fond of dogs (shows lack of charcter IMO!!!) it wasn't a fear she just thought of them as dirty creatures !!! anyway after receiving a great ear bashing from my sister, prior to her friends arrival, my mum put the dogs in the garden (they were more than happy to run riot outside) i was quite young at the time probably about 5, and was as many say the stereo typical 'baby face' child, white blonde curls, dimples and a button nose ( looks are deceiving as i was a brat!!!) anyway on this day i thought i would use the way i was too my advantage and when my sister and her friends entered the lounge i walked over to the patio doors and pushed my nose against the window staring at the dogs outside, i heard the sighs of *awww* from behind me, and then promptly said "I guess the babies will have to stay outside while you are here to 'play' then"
i waited a while and expected to be told to let the dogs back in, my ploy hadn't worked and i was just ignored i remember feeling so very disheartened by this but something else grabbed my attention and i moved on.

So that memory sticks out in my mind as the earliest and most vivid, lets hear yours.....................
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Being bitten by a Border Collie

I was about three and running out of a friends house and the dog rushed out from under a chair and grabbed me around the ankle ...
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 12:04 AM
I grew up with a dog in the family, so I have no distinct earliest memories really....

That and I have a memory like a sieve
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 12:13 AM
This is a nice thread

I have 2 strong memories from when I was young (about 3?) with Bunny, the golden retriever we had then. i'm not sure which was earliest though!
The first is of me and my brother in the paddling pool splashing about with our toys. bunny was a puppy then and she was running round the edge of the pool leaping about and playing She never came into the paddling pool just ran around the side.
The other memory is when I was waiting for my mum to finish doing something and I went and sat on her bed. Bunny came and joined me and we both sat there having cuddles
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 02:20 AM
I remember my sister taking me to her friends house and they had either two or three whippets - one was called Music and I went into the kitchen for something and it bit me on my finger - I still had the scar on my finger They were quite nervy dogs though. Think I would have been about 3 at the time

I also remember Judy my sisters dog growling at me a lot when I was little although she was getting on a bit though by the time I was toddling around. She never bit me though but just used to growl, snap and move out of my way
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 12:19 PM
Dressing up my Dog in a bonnet - I was only five
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2005, 02:56 PM
I remember when I was a child I lived in a flat in London and we were not allowed dogs in Council flats. I must have been about 12 at a rough guess when I came across a stray. He was a lovely dog and followed me everywhere for most of the day. I took him home and begged my mum, could we keep him, but of course, it was not allowed and I had to take him to the local police station. I broke my heart that night, I could not stop crying the next day. I just hope a nice home was found for him.
Abbey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2005, 04:10 PM
I wasnt allowed a dog when i was growing up , but i was always drawn to dogs from an early age, i can remember my aunt and uncle had a poodle pup, and it used to fall asleep on my lap, i think i was about 3y at the time. I had to wait until i was 21 to get a dog..despite dragging home every stray i could ever find, my parents never relented.. That must be why i have 6 now!!!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Going 'rabbiting' with my dad & uncle and his Jack Russell when i was quite young.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I hope this counts because I can't really remember it but I'm told it happened. I was about 2 and walking in the park with my parents, carrying my teddy bear. Apparently a friendly dog ran up to me and stole my teddy! I was very upset and when I eventually got my teddy back his face was all torn and he had to go to be repaired at the dolls' hospital (which I am still assured is a real place!). I think I was very upset at the time but it obviously didn't have too much of an effect on me because I still loved dogs and always wanted one, even though I had to wait till I was 18 before I got my first one.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >