View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-11-2005, 10:19 AM
I can't remember whether you have to manually remove it first or whether the CD install will do it for you.

If the CD install doesn't remove the previous version automatically, it will ask you to remove it. I'm surprised it isn't in the Add/remove programs list.

Is there a folder called Norton Internet Security in your Program Files list ?
If there is, have a look in there to see if there is an uninstall option listed.

There should also be Livereg and Liveupdate listed in the Add/Remove programs list. (Remove these after removing Norton)

Which version of Norton Internet Security is it ?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi Jackie, yes it has been kept up to date with the free version but I now have another 12 months to put on with the new one that we bought with the computer from PC World but I don't know how to get the free version off my computer now it is expiring to put the new version on because its not listed in the add and remove programme section
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by royv
I can't remember whether you have to manually remove it first or whether the CD install will do it for you.

If the CD install doesn't remove the previous version automatically, it will ask you to remove it. I'm surprised it isn't in the Add/remove programs list.

Is there a folder called Norton Internet Security in your Program Files list ?
If there is, have a look in there to see if there is an uninstall option listed.

There should also be Livereg and Liveupdate listed in the Add/Remove programs list. (Remove these after removing Norton)

Which version of Norton Internet Security is it ?

Hi roy, this is the version that I have got to put on

I have looked in the add and remove programmes and Norton isn't listed at all - I can see the Livereg and liveupdate but no Norton
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:32 AM
I have sent you a PM Foxy.
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi Foxy.

Sorry, I meant, which version is currently on the PC. If it is the same version, as the 'new' one, the Uninstall option when you insert the CD might work.

If it is a different version, let us know which version.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by enerosar
I have sent you a PM Foxy.

Thanks Enerosar
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by royv
Hi Foxy.

Sorry, I meant, which version is currently on the PC. If it is the same version, as the 'new' one, the Uninstall option when you insert the CD might work.

If it is a different version, let us know which version.

Hi Roy - yes I think it is the same version - it says Norton Internet security 2005 anyway - although this new one has something on it thats called Norton go-back but I haven't a clue what that is or what it does
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 11:04 AM
We bought the same, 1/2 price Norton with our PC, then when the 3 month trial ran out, we had to uninstall the trial version before installing the new one.

But to be honest, we've started using PCGuard, it's a freebie for Blueyonder customers, firewall, antivirus, Pop up blocker, parental control, anti-spyware, it's really good too!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2005, 12:17 PM
Well I have just installed it all with no problems so far - just running a scan on the system now. It didn't ask about uninstalling the other version because it seems that they are the same version, Norton Internet security 2005. At least something has gone right for once

See Fred - I told you I could do it :smt023
pamngeoff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-11-2005, 05:16 PM
hi foxy why pay norton you can get avast for free and its far better and safer than norton just type avast in your search engine and it should take you to there free download.i had nortoin to start and i would not go back for all the tea in china good luck geoff
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2