Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Kazz, I think all online food shopping slots are in the same situation.
I don't think the government helped by terming it "lockdown" it's not lockdown is it?? Lockdown is basically house arrest.... People got worried that they wouldn't be allowed out to buy food when it runs out, as Lynn has said, her son in Spain can go to the shops, had a better phrase been used and it been made absolutely plain that going to buy essential food wouldn't be a problem, pretty much all of this would have been avoided. If retailers had acted at the very start and imposed a limit on the number of items that people could buy supplies may have lasted a bit longer enabling more people to be supplied... it's the same when the weather mention snow, people seem to rush out and buy loads of bread and milk! People just need to calm down, think rationally about things and the people in charge need to explain stuff in idiot terms, once that's done... hopefully people will understand better
Think you are right in some respects.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2020, 04:35 PM
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 04:56 PM
That made me chuckle. Kazz I haven't spoken to my daughter for over 15 months. To complicated to explain.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Lol.... Tumbleweed that's fantastic!
Brenda, I did mean to say earlier I was thinking of you today...I know how hard you have tried.
My neighbour went to Costco the other day and was talking to a lady in the queue, the lady lives in Stratford and she said she didn't understand what people were doing and where she lives and the surrounding villages, the local shops have a plentiful supply of everything... including loo rolls lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Brenda ring the store 01903 855220 managers name is Steve bet they have something in place
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-03-2020, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
People just need to calm down, think rationally about things and the people in charge need to explain stuff in idiot terms, once that's done... hopefully people will understand better

Yes absolutely right, the problem is that there are a lot of idiots out there

I've seen several interviews with the director of the UK's largest loo roll manufacturer, every time he has said that they can supply the needs of the entire UK population based on 'normal demand' and I believe him.

So what are these idiots expecting That they will be sat on the toilet for eight hours a day

Also I agree that calling it 'lockdown' does make it sound bad, it's a stupid word IMO anyway. To take just a few more sentances and explain that going out for essentials is OK but also try to warn people that panic buying will not help and could endanger someone else.

We've said it before but fact is many people are just self centered, you see it in many ways.

So far, neither Alena or I have purchased more stuff in the supermarket than normal, but we have had to go to sevral different places to just buy the 'normal' so we are already being disrupted by this 'panic buying'

Oh well sorry folks, you've caught me on a 'moan' moment

Moyra - Sorry about the fence, sounds like your landlady is a bit tight, sure the insurance will pay, seems like a clear cut case, she doesn't need to wait.

I'm off to have an afternoon nap now
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Harvey, a bit tight your not kidding. Her mother is our actual landlady but she runs things for her mother.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 08:58 PM
Not being funny but I would not claim on my insurance for a couple of panels and posts...it will affect her insurance at renewal and for a few years to come.
Harvey, I haven't panic bought anything either, I did a bulk order which is available off Amazon every day of the week, it's stuff like dog food now...I ordered mine the other day from Amazon... only place with stock and I checked on my order today and the same food has gone up £50!!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2020, 09:42 PM
Evening all.

Panic, panic, panic. We both have COPD so the dreaded letter telling us to stay home will undoubtedly arrive this week.

My car is due it's MOT. I'm hoping the dealership will sort something out tomorrow for us to take it in more or less straight away. Can't be without the car because of Gary and I will need to use it when he needs to come here. As I see it, it's still more or less isolation because it's in the car, straight there and pick him up and same taking him home again. He's coming up every couple of days for a meal and some company.

On the good news front, his application for the flat in the very sheltered housing we have been trying for for 5-6 years has finally been approved. Now it's just wait for a vacancy which I imagine they will hold off until after the crisis. If not, heaven knows how we are going to achieve the move
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Griff - "I checked on my order today and the same food has gone up £50!!!"

Flippin heck, someone is making some money out of all this
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2