Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 03:30 PM

wilkinsons - there are other shops out there

just thinking about one of my favourite stores (husband hates it as it costs him lots of money) wilkinsons and wondered how many of us shop in there?

i love it for all the stuff it sells and always finish up buying twice as much as what i went in there for. just like today we had a small list and finished up spending £33 and that did not include any treats for blackie

another shop that i cant walk past is primark.

so have any of you got shops that you just cant resist???

sue
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-07-2007, 03:32 PM
My sister loves wilkinsons, they have just trebled the size of the store near us.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 03:48 PM
My OH can't moan at me for shopping 'cos he's a million times worse. His real vice is TKMaxx (I quite like it for kitchen stuff, but nothing else), but I'm afraid it's George Henry Lee (L'pool branch of John Lewis) that does it for me. Mostly I just go to admire the nice things, and to daydream. Don't have anything like the amount of money I could spend in there
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I love Wilko's it's brilliant, my only beef with them is how long it takes to get through the checkout, but if I go early it's no problem, I particullary love their coconut hand wash and bubble bath, it smells divine
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 04:44 PM
so have any of you got shops that you just cant resist???
Yep...any shop with a SALE sign in the window. Doesn't matter if I actually need what that particular shop is selling, I just can't resist a bargain!! And I can always flog the stuff that I end up not using on ebay Occasionally manage to make a small profit out of it too

Off to an outlet village tomorrow....dread to thing what tat I'll come home with
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 04:57 PM
I think most of you already know about my Wilko's passion. I have to be physically restrained.....
Jackie's exactly the same.
We are both like it with Primark - their towels are to die for.
I think no matter how much money I have (ok, stop larfing), I'll still shop in these two shops. They're just fab!
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 07:34 PM
forgot to tell you about my weakness for claires - they have one near the cinema where we just went. selling 5 yes 5 items for a £5

so i got a necklace and earring set that was a £10
another 2 necklaces
a pair of earrings
and 3 bracelets......

must not go there anymore

apart from that i love shopping espicially when there are bargains to get. recently got 2 jumpers priced originally at £35 each for £5 each at debenhams. also a jumper for son that was £18 reduced to £3

sue
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-07-2007, 08:56 PM
I can't walk past Superdrug without going in even if I don't need anything

I can't keep out of Next, Monsoon and Oasis when clothes shopping, The OH goes mental
Nicky1979
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=ShaynLola;1061739]Yep...any shop with a SALE sign in the window. Doesn't matter if I actually need what that particular shop is selling, I just can't resist a bargain!! QUOTE]

Oh somebody after my own heart - the other type of shop I can't resist is any which sell shoes!!!
When we moved I counted that I have 50 pairs (this does include trainers, walking boots, wellies, flip flops etc)
My OH is resigned to the fact that if I go shopping with the girls I will come back with at least one pair
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 05:00 PM
i just like any sort of shops that dont involve food. any sort of clothes shops and im happy. mind u saying that asdas had a pretty good sale on the other day, and i came home with a couple of bags of goodies LOL