Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Furniture?

I have to at some point look for a new Dining Room Table & Chairs, would prefer just 4 chairs but guess 6 may be more practical.....not too expensive & prefer ladder back chairs, not huge table either, but where from? Any suggestions> please.
Also any opinion on DFS Sofas etc , please
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2010, 09:09 PM
We got ours from our local pine shop and it was actually very reasonable.

You can just about make it out in this photo:

I'm glad we bought it as it's incredibly sturdy and we know it will last a fair while.

However i wish we'd gone for 6 seats!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Not long had a sofa and chair from dfs, side of the chair detatched itself (according to the kids) after a couple of weeks. There were no arguments from dfs they just came out and fixed it straight away. Quality seems good, all delivery dates met and repairs done so can't complain about my experience with them.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for replies - I am surprised/shocked at the prices
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
Thanks for replies - I am surprised/shocked at the prices
It took us ages to find something we liked/wanted that we felt we could afford.

Looking back now i'm glad we went for the best we could afford even if it ment compromising on size as some of our friends have bought cheap and cheerful sets and they soon show why they're so cheap.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Definately going to take our time over search - thanks again
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I looked everywhere last year for a small plain dining table and chair set and eventually got one from Ikea, (which i'm not really a fan of ) it's called JOKKMOKK and was under £100, it's been great.
I put beige Ikea chair pads on it and a friend made me a table runner and it looks more expensive than it cost!!
The money I saved bought Ben and Charlie new dog beds
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by pam2 View Post
I looked everywhere last year for a small plain dining table and chair set and eventually got one from Ikea, (which i'm not really a fan of ) it's called JOKKMOKK and was under £100, it's been great.
I put beige Ikea chair pads on it and a friend made me a table runner and it looks more expensive than it cost!!
The money I saved bought Ben and Charlie new dog beds
Thanx - I am visiting family soon & they have an Ikea near them so will go & look....cheers
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Two of my chairs finally broke last month on my six seater set,Tried fixing them but no good ...must admit we've had it twelve years so it's done well.I wasn't really in the position moneywiseto get a brand new set but had company coming to stay so i had a nose round on ebay and picked up this for............£62.00.. an an hour round trip to get it
I was really pleased,its completely solid wood and in great condition,It will most certainly do for now

Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by tink View Post
Two of my chairs finally broke last month on my six seater set,Tried fixing them but no good ...must admit we've had it twelve years so it's done well.I wasn't really in the position moneywiseto get a brand new set but had company coming to stay so i had a nose round on ebay and picked up this for............£62.00.. an an hour round trip to get it
I was really pleased,its completely solid wood and in great condition,It will most certainly do for now

That's looks really nice, will certainly look on Ebay - thanx