Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Stewart
i have weird dreams every night so i must be really stressed
Are you on Nicorette patches Stew or eating dairy products before bedtime???
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 11:41 AM
If you are having troublesome dreams there is way of helping to cope with this. Lucid dreaming is where you reach a state when you know you are dreaming and really it is such a great experience. There are techniques you can use to help induce a state of lucidity, reality checks.

I know this is going to sound strange, it did to me at first, but there are everyday things that happen, that can’t be replicated in dreams such as – when you turn on a light switch, the light comes on but not in dreams and if you count the fingers on one hand there are five, in dreaming there are never five. Don’t know why, it just works.

Anyway, to help induce lucidity in dreams, you regularly do the reality check during the day and this may prompt you to do it while dreaming. The one I do is to count the fingers on my right hand. You must touch each finger and count 1-2-3-4-5.

I do have lucid dreams anyway but the other night I did my first dreaming reality check. I was flying over a town somewhere and thought to myself “lets just check I really am dreaming.” I counted 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 on my right hand. Such an amazing feeling....you must try it!

Ok send in the men in white coats
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Steve
Are you on Nicorette patches Stew or eating dairy products before bedtime???
not on patches yet no and don't eat anything a few hours before sleep
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Oooh - I know someone who is very much into lucid dreaming

Not mad.

Originally Posted by pod
If you are having troublesome dreams there is way of helping to cope with this. Lucid dreaming is where you reach a state when you know you are dreaming and really it is such a great experience. There are techniques you can use to help induce a state of lucidity, reality checks.

I know this is going to sound strange, it did to me at first, but there are everyday things that happen, that can’t be replicated in dreams such as – when you turn on a light switch, the light comes on but not in dreams and if you count the fingers on one hand there are five, in dreaming there are never five. Don’t know why, it just works.

Anyway, to help induce lucidity in dreams, you regularly do the reality check during the day and this may prompt you to do it while dreaming. The one I do is to count the fingers on my right hand. You must touch each finger and count 1-2-3-4-5.

I do have lucid dreams anyway but the other night I did my first dreaming reality check. I was flying over a town somewhere and thought to myself “lets just check I really am dreaming.” I counted 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 on my right hand. Such an amazing feeling....you must try it!

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
What-carrying a horse!

Whatever floats ya boat babe...
Nooooo that was the third dream - the second one was about Duncan James out of Blue popgroup
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by pod

Oh that sounds good - I will try that

Hope I don't end up with 7 horses though
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Hey the second one was pleasant - VERY pleasant
I know
Steve
Dogsey Veteran