Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 05:58 PM

I just bought a car!!!

Well I took the plunge today and bought my first car. She (yes, it already has a sex and a name! ) is a white nissan micra. Proper girly car. Already been to Halfords and bought lots of girly accesories including a bagpuss air freshner and some paw print stickers. OH not keen as he will have to drive it sometimes but its my car and I'm gonna love her! All i gotta do now is pass my test. Last time i took it, many years ago i had it stopped on the grounds of public safety!! So all you members in West Sussex, you have been warned!!
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Blimey! I hope all the local driving schools have been warned! Nothing wrong with a girly car you know. I've had a Nissan Micra (old H reg), a Renault Clio (M reg), and a Ford Fiesta (N reg). Then I progressed onto 'family' cars (which is a joke as I have no family!) and had a Vauxhall Astra, then a Renault Scenic.

I've just ordered a new Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (on the Motability scheme) and we're waiting for it to arrive (can't happen soon enough). I think I've now progressed well and truly to 'old person' cars now. My mate told me I'd got an old person's car when I got my Scenic. I then pointed out that he's younger than me (as he loves to remind me) and he had a Skoda Octavia Estate so was hardly one to lecture me on old people's cars.

Then when he discovered my radio was on Radio 2 that was it...

All of my cars bar the Fiesta and the Scenic have ended up written off. The Micra cos some prat pulled into the middle of the road (straddling the lanes) and forced me to pull off the road and I hit a pole. The Clio was a spectacular pirouette off the road ending in a backwards/sideways slide down a ditch into a hedge caused by black ice. The Astra was due to lack of traction on a wet road and a pole.

I sound like a really bad driver now!! Old, and not that good. And I'm only 34 and really not bad for the number of miles I've driven in the almost 18 years I've had a licence.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Nice one Bet you can't wait to pass your test now
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
Blimey! I hope all the local driving schools have been warned! Nothing wrong with a girly car you know. I've had a Nissan Micra (old H reg), a Renault Clio (M reg), and a Ford Fiesta (N reg). Then I progressed onto 'family' cars (which is a joke as I have no family!) and had a Vauxhall Astra, then a Renault Scenic.

I've just ordered a new Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (on the Motability scheme) and we're waiting for it to arrive (can't happen soon enough). I think I've now progressed well and truly to 'old person' cars now. My mate told me I'd got an old person's car when I got my Scenic. I then pointed out that he's younger than me (as he loves to remind me) and he had a Skoda Octavia Estate so was hardly one to lecture me on old people's cars.

Then when he discovered my radio was on Radio 2 that was it...

All of my cars bar the Fiesta and the Scenic have ended up written off. The Micra cos some prat pulled into the middle of the road (straddling the lanes) and forced me to pull off the road and I hit a pole. The Clio was a spectacular pirouette off the road ending in a backwards/sideways slide down a ditch into a hedge caused by black ice. The Astra was due to lack of traction on a wet road and a pole.

I sound like a really bad driver now!! Old, and not that good. And I'm only 34 and really not bad for the number of miles I've driven in the almost 18 years I've had a licence.
I had to check where you lived then as I suddenly felt quite scared!! Think I should be safe though!

Good luck with the car and test!! And best wishes to all of you who live in the West Sussex area
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by aliwin View Post
I had to check where you lived then as I suddenly felt quite scared!! Think I should be safe though!

Good luck with the car and test!! And best wishes to all of you who live in the West Sussex area
To be fair, the only one with any serious damage was the Clio, the other two were write-offs due to age of the car rather than damage inflicted as both were fairly low-speed minor incidents. The Clio was a spectacular move but I wouldn't like to repeat it. I was going about 20mph when I hit the black ice and about 45mph when I hit the ditch cos my foot got jammed onto the accelerator. It is true when they say your life flashes before you!

I hope West Sussex is prepared for the oncoming White Micra! I'll be looking out for it if I'm ever down that way.

Oh, and you're not necessarily safe cos I pass Birmingham on the M6 en-route to Scotland from here . When we went before Christmas the roadworks were hell, but I was glad on the way back the traffic was bad cos our hire car died in the outside lane just near Jct 10. Flippin scary moment when it cut out!

You never know, you might be innocently driving about and there I am Good job we won't know each other even if we pass!
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Aligord View Post
To be fair, the only one with any serious damage was the Clio, the other two were write-offs due to age of the car rather than damage inflicted as both were fairly low-speed minor incidents. The Clio was a spectacular move but I wouldn't like to repeat it. I was going about 20mph when I hit the black ice and about 45mph when I hit the ditch cos my foot got jammed onto the accelerator. It is true when they say your life flashes before you!

I hope West Sussex is prepared for the oncoming White Micra! I'll be looking out for it if I'm ever down that way.

Oh, and you're not necessarily safe cos I pass Birmingham on the M6 en-route to Scotland from here . When we went before Christmas the roadworks were hell, but I was glad on the way back the traffic was bad cos our hire car died in the outside lane just near Jct 10. Flippin scary moment when it cut out!

You never know, you might be innocently driving about and there I am Good job we won't know each other even if we pass!
You would have a better chance of recognising my car as it is an old blue mini with a st georges flag on the roof! Keep your eyes peeled when you're next passing through Brum and give us a wave